XF 1.4 How to change the avatar size in xenforo?

Jashugan

I can't work out how to change the avatar size in xenforo. Could somebody please tell me where the setting for this is?

Thank you.

The problem with those methods is that (as far as I can tell) if you increase the avatar size in the postbit then the won't display correctly anywhere else.

I've tested this with the big-tall template modification and indeed whilst the avatars look fine in posts, they display as cropped everywhere else.

Yes, that's my point - there needs to be global avater settings in the adminCP. Simply not allowing forum owners to make their own decisions about avatar size is basically just unacceptable.

It's not the XF devs place to guess what my members want, it's their place to provide what we (the paying customers) want.

Editing those will require custom development or an add-on. The avatars in posts, however, can be changed with template edits.

XenForo has a uniform approach on avatars. See this post from Jake Bunce quite a while ago:

4) I remember some one doing this but I can't find the thread. It requires some code modifications. But as you say, XF is going for the "uniform approach". Everything is designed around fixed avatar sizes, so this is likely to require some extra effort to make it work well.

Top Bottom