XF 1.5 How to change Folder Forum to Root!

I'm a little confused. It sounds like you don't want to change the URL to the forums (keeping them under the /forum/ directory). Why do you want to move the files then?

I'm a little confused. It sounds like you don't want to change the URL to the forums (keeping them under the /forum/ directory). Why do you want to move the files then?
Hi @Mike
I want to move all files on folder forum to root directory but not change link /forum/ when people access.

Hi @Brogan @Mike,

My forum's link is mecuabe.com/forum . All files are in forum folder. Now I want to transfer all files to the root folder. When I access to mecuabe.com , then it will go to home articles but when I access to the forum, it is still /forum

Thanks

Hi @Brogan @Mike,

My forum's link is mecuabe.com/forum . All files are in forum folder. Now I want to transfer all files to the root folder. When I access to mecuabe.com , then it will go to home articles but when I access to the forum, it is still /forum

Thanks

Just curious why do you want to move the files to root but leave the url as it is. Why not just leave the files where they are? I think that's what is confusing people.

I think I understand now. He does want to change the URL. He just wants what is now at /forum/ (the specific page) to still be there.

Move the files to the root, change the Board URL setting, set the Index Page Route to "articles/". Your forums would then be at /forums/, but if you want to change that, you could use a Route Filter to change the URL. Alternatively, you could redirect /forum/ to /forums/ (potentially via a route filter as well or view something external to XF).

Top Bottom