1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to change Folder Forum to Root!

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by c0ngit, Oct 1, 2015.

1. c0ngit

c0ngit Member

Hi Guy,

My forum: https://mecuabe.com/forum/
    i want to move folder forum to root public_html but not change url mecuabe.com/forum/ and Home page: mecuabe.com/forum/articles/
    What can I do?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'm a little confused. It sounds like you don't want to change the URL to the forums (keeping them under the /forum/ directory). Why do you want to move the files then?
  3. c0ngit

c0ngit Member

Hi @Mike
    I want to move all files on folder forum to root directory but not change link /forum/ when people access.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

To repeat Mike's question, why?

What is the point of moving the files to the root if you want the URL to remain the same?
    Ernest L. Defoe likes this.
  5. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I am confused as one of the thread tags is change URL
  6. c0ngit

c0ngit Member

Hi @Brogan @Mike,

My forum's link is mecuabe.com/forum . All files are in forum folder. Now I want to transfer all files to the root folder. When I access to mecuabe.com , then it will go to home articles but when I access to the forum, it is still /forum

7. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Just curious why do you want to move the files to root but leave the url as it is. Why not just leave the files where they are? I think that's what is confusing people.
  8. Mike

I think I understand now. He does want to change the URL. He just wants what is now at /forum/ (the specific page) to still be there.

Move the files to the root, change the Board URL setting, set the Index Page Route to "articles/". Your forums would then be at /forums/, but if you want to change that, you could use a Route Filter to change the URL. Alternatively, you could redirect /forum/ to /forums/ (potentially via a route filter as well or view something external to XF).
    c0ngit likes this.
  9. c0ngit

c0ngit Member

10. Mike

I would look at the route filter to replace forums/ with forum/ then.
  11. c0ngit

c0ngit Member

Then what should i do to deal with my problem