How to apply CSS styling to threads from specific forums in What's New?

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> thread_list_item

Near the top, replace this code:

Code:
<li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

with this:

Code:
<li <xen:if is="{$showForumLink} AND {$thread.node_id} == 4">style="border: 1px red solid;" </xen:if>id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="discussionListItem {$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">

Change the number 4 to specify the forum's node_id.

I am using inline styling here. You can move it to CSS if you want.

The result:

Screen shot 2011-05-05 at 8.57.34 AM.webp

using the above info it occurs to me that i can 'remove' threads originating from a given node from appearing in 'whats new'!
my question is 'whats good css to make the entry invisible?'

display:none
one could also ammend jakes code to use an array and target multiple nodes. i did something similar to assign a 'node rating' graphic to the editor templates.

using the above info it occurs to me that i can 'remove' threads originating from a given node from appearing in 'whats new'!
my question is 'whats good css to make the entry invisible?'

Yes you could. But I have tried stuff like this before and it messes up the pagination. For example, if there are 20 threads per page and 15 of those threads are in the excluded forum then that page will only show 5 threads.

Top Bottom