XF 2.2 How to add and remove certain advertisements on certain areas

spirogg

Is widgets the best way to add advertisement ads to certain nodes and pages and certain areas of a page?

Let’s say I have advertisement on all pages (right top sidebar.)

- But on a few of those nodes and pages
I do not want the side bar to show. I want all other ads to show, like top ads and bottom ads - just not the side bar ads.

how could I accomplish this without touching the templatesafter upgrades to xf ( meaning not making edits in templates so I don’t have to worry when upgrading )

because the way I see XF working, if you add the page to the do not show ads on these pages. It kills all ads ( if I’m correct)

I want to be able to place an ad on certain categories - nodes - pages
In certain spots ( top bottom side bars etc. )

And remove just certain ads from certain areas while the other ads will still show

am I Missing something ?

thank Spiro

As I responded in the other thread, the ad templates are typically used to display ads.
This is primarily because there is already a mechanism built in to prevent ads showing on certain pages.

However, there are no hard and fast rules - you can use ad templates, widgets, or edit the templates directly.
Ads can be restricted from specific pages using conditional templates, mimicking the behaviour of the build in ad system.

Ads can be restricted from specific pages using conditional templates
When you say conditional templates. Is there an actual area where these templates are ? And when I upgrade to new XF upgrades will I have to redo the templates ? Or will there be any issues upgrading.
Can you give me an example how to remove certain ads from a certain node or category or page.

Top Bottom