How to add a XF2 page?

stevshark

Is there a good tutorial for XF2? Like adding a page I'm sure this is simple but I cant seem to get it. I have created the page in the nodes yet it doesnt show up in the tabs.

Is there a good tutorial for XF2? Like adding a page I'm sure this is simple but I cant seem to get it. I have created the page in the nodes yet it doesnt show up in the tabs.
You would create the navigation tab yourself (if you needed one) under Setup > Public navigation. You can use the "Node" type and select your page from there. You'd go back into the page and set "Navigation section" to be the navigation tab you just created.

In your navigation entry, that won't be the URL to the page node you created -- it would be "pages/something-here/" (changing something-here as appropriate). On your site, clicking the navigation entries you created is giving a 404.

However, as Chris suggested, it's simpler if you use the "node" navigation type, unless there are particular reasons to use a "basic" type.

Thats it solved the problem. I went with the node navigation and it worked now just to put in the widgets. Thank you for helping!

In your navigation entry, that won't be the URL to the page node you created -- it would be "pages/something-here/" (changing something-here as appropriate). On your site, clicking the navigation entries you created is giving a 404.

However, as Chris suggested, it's simpler if you use the "node" navigation type, unless there are particular reasons to use a "basic" type.

Top Bottom