How many addons will 1.3 replace for you?

How many addons will 1.3 replace on your forum?

• 7-10

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 3-6

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • 2 or less

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I don't use addons...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

John L.

As with any release of XenForo we always get a nice set of new features. Most of the time, some of those features overlap with addons we've once used and can now retire from our forums. When 1.2 was released, I was able to remove about 4-5 addons due to the features added. So the question is, how many addons do you expect to have replaced when 1.3 is released?

Of course this is all a guessing game really, we have no idea what new features to expect. :)

Currently none, but the functionality so far is essential & welcome. I would be surprised if the rest of the functionality would not replace addons for essential functions.

I suppose this is my fault. I meant this as a guessing game. Guess how many features will be announced that will replace your current addons. Just a guess will do :).

I'm hoping 3-4, the smiley importer easily knocks one of my installed addons out and the enhancements are really nice as I use a lot of smileys on my boards.

Also the ability for mods to edit member fields is also really really nice.

Now without sounding too greedy, I'm hoping for a built in BB Code Manager and Widget framework.

Before 1.2 there were at some point 75 addons installed, now I'm down to 49 :D Still a lot of addons :P

Oh your using xenforo enhance search with your forum size @Brogan :)
Maybe in few months I'll purchase it too.

About the topic, I'm really hoping to see BD Widget as core feature (y).

Mine are going up :D

Mostly because I am now writing stuff to suit my own needs.

View attachment 64199

I should be able to get rid of at least one of those with 1.3 though ;)
This is definitely your face after you post teases like this:

dr-evil.jpg

Top Bottom