• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How many addons will 1.3 replace for you?

How many addons will 1.3 replace on your forum?

• 7-10

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 3-6

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • 2 or less

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I don't use addons...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

John L.

As with any release of XenForo we always get a nice set of new features. Most of the time, some of those features overlap with addons we've once used and can now retire from our forums. When 1.2 was released, I was able to remove about 4-5 addons due to the features added. So the question is, how many addons do you expect to have replaced when 1.3 is released?

Of course this is all a guessing game really, we have no idea what new features to expect. :)

Alfa1

Currently none, but the functionality so far is essential & welcome. I would be surprised if the rest of the functionality would not replace addons for essential functions.

John L.

I suppose this is my fault. I meant this as a guessing game. Guess how many features will be announced that will replace your current addons. Just a guess will do :).

Sage Knight

I'm hoping 3-4, the smiley importer easily knocks one of my installed addons out and the enhancements are really nice as I use a lot of smileys on my boards.

Also the ability for mods to edit member fields is also really really nice.

Now without sounding too greedy, I'm hoping for a built in BB Code Manager and Widget framework.

RoldanLT

Oh your using xenforo enhance search with your forum size @Brogan :)
Maybe in few months I'll purchase it too.

About the topic, I'm really hoping to see BD Widget as core feature (y).