How important is it to you that vBseo makes its way to xenForo?

How important is it to you that vBseo makes its way to xenForo?

• Very important (I'm a vbseo licensed customer)

Votes: 29 17.1%
  • Not that important (I'm a vbseo licensed customer)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Very important (I would purchase a license)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Not that important (I would not purchase a license)

Votes: 101 59.4%

• Total voters
You got that right, anyone who has looked at the vBSEO ACP could see the bloat you talk about, that thing is scary to say the least.

Yeah. And they even advertise that the feature is "revolutionary," by saying that the feature will change how you find information.

To put this comment in context it was being applied to vb 3.8 and vb 4.x which does not have a like feature, so it can be classed as "revolutionary" in regard to these platforms.

Who said that vb4 was legendary? Not even IB has said that or if they did I have missed it.. Anyway, the point is that vbseo has brought a feature to vb which even the owners of vb have not been able to do.

Who said that vb4 was legendary? Not even IB has said that or if they did I have missed it.. Anyway, the point is that vbseo has brought a feature to vb which even the owners of vb have not been able to do.
they said it is the most remarkable product ever brought to market!

I've also been thinking... what if vB/vBSEO users would just ditch vBSEO completely in the process of switching to XenForo? Would it really matter for the rankings? XF has good on-page SEO so why keep running a rather server intensive script next to it, just for a few more options and custom URLs?

Is it really such a huge problem if Google needs to reindex every page? Let's say it needs about a week to complete this task. During that period you will lose some traffic, but this should only be temporary. I'm seriously considering this, instead of waiting for a XenSEO or even an URL redirecting system.

The only problem it seems are posted URLs permanently turning into dead links...

Oh, big whoops there =/, haha. I meant to post that here.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/did-you-vote-xenforo.11325/

Anyways, why do we need vBSEO? We already have clean HTML, header tags, sitemap, (I have a robots.txt), etc.

On top of that thing about preformance slow down with a SEO plugin installed. I know someone will say "oh it barley will be noticeable" but adding a heavy plugin like vbseo WILL cause slow downs even if just a little bit.

So far I am fine with the SEO that's already with XF.

I've also been thinking... what if vB/vBSEO users would just ditch vBSEO completely in the process of switching to XenForo? Would it really matter for the rankings? XF has good on-page SEO so why keep running a rather server intensive script next to it, just for a few more options and custom URLs?

Is it really such a huge problem if Google needs to reindex every page? Let's say it needs about a week to complete this task. During that period you will lose some traffic, but this should only be temporary. I'm seriously considering this, instead of waiting for a XenSEO or even an URL redirecting system.

The only problem it seems are posted URLs permanently turning into dead links...

xenForo supports 301-redirection for all vBulletin 3 links (and unofficially, there's one written for vBulletin 4 as well), so in that regard, all the old vBulletin URLs will be rewritten to the xenForo equivalent.

xenForo supports 301-redirection for all vBulletin 3 links (and unofficially, there's one written for vBulletin 4 as well), so in that regard, all the old vBulletin URLs will be rewritten to the xenForo equivalent.
Yes, but vbseo-rewritten links that are posted will need custom redirect.

I'm going to use VBSEO for only two purposes, none of which might apply here -- assuming that flexible URLs are built into XF such as the option to use a forum identifier in the URL, e.g. /F11/ or /other-topics/how-important-is-vbseo/

(1) Targeted ad/sponsorships appearing in each forum (easier to use my ad server and Shawn costs way too much per hour, lol)

(2) Cleanup of bad URLs in some important plugins whose display without VBSEO look like gibberish

-------

Reasons not to keep changing URLs -- I hate to have to keep track of 301 redirects, especially if your site has many backlinks from various sites that will not be updated to the new URL.

Top Bottom