How important is it to you that vBseo makes its way to xenForo?

How important is it to you that vBseo makes its way to xenForo?

• Very important (I'm a vbseo licensed customer)

Votes: 29 17.1%
  • Not that important (I'm a vbseo licensed customer)

Votes: 35 20.6%
  • Very important (I would purchase a license)

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Not that important (I would not purchase a license)

Votes: 101 59.4%

• Total voters
I wouldn't buy it for xenforo based on my last go with it on 4.x. It near bought the server to a halt running vbseo on 4.x... it was terrible. I couldn't work out which was more resource hungry, 4.x or vbseo. Yuk. Why would I want to destroy fast?

Although I do use vBSEO on one of my forums, love it, and attribute some of my SE traffic to my vBSEO implementation, I also have another vBulletin forum with much greater SEO success -- without vBSEO. This has proven to me that as far as vBulletin 3.x is concerned, you can make it to the top 3 SERPs without vBSEO (as I have done) in approximately one years' time if you do things right.

I agree with others in that XF already has great SEO functionality built in right out-of-the box and, as such, does not need a full-fledged system like vBSEO. I really do like a lot of the features that vBSEO has, but I'd much rather see the XF developers implement some of those popular features (e.g. Sitemap Generator, auto changing of link anchor text to title of destination page, etc.) in their own way, so that the built-in functionality is even further improved.

So in summary: XF is already great in terms of SEO, it could do with some additional features to add further functionality, but a vBSEO-like solution is not needed.

Brian Cummiskey said:
- the built in seo functions may not give us a big enough market to tap/be profitable (why use an add-on when the core is good)

:)

Btw, voted for 'Not that important (I'm a vbseo licensed customer)'.

I like vbseo for vbulletin. I think it has helped my vb forum get more traffic along with the vBet translation mod.

I think it would be beneficial for a lot of people if they did create a version for xF.

hmm, xfseo is already taken, damn. :)

i just want the same url structure as vbseo , hopefully will be able to do so with some XF mod
Yes, this counts for me as well. I would say its vital for a successful vb->xf migration. I really can't afford it to loose all my indexed url's. When XF offers the exact same structure in URL's we switch to XF immediately. Can't wait as I am fed up with vB.

In vBSEO's defense: i dont recognize the comments about their support being bad. On the contrary the last couple of years they have been extremely helpful and the vbseo community as a whole as well. It's more the vB support that drives me nuts when they send you in circles with predefined BS answers :(

Guys, I've had a very positive result from vBSEO and I love the product. However, I've heard that XF has been built with SEO in mind and that's a fantastic thing. I however am curious to know whether there's any sitemap generator we can use to get Google start listing our site?

xenforo doesn't need vbseo.
For the people with custom URLs already it would be a welcome thing. Because XF doesn't allow out of the box custom URLs and that's really a problem for us who already have a nice, own, custom URL structure and have it indexed completely in Google too.

If you start using XF for the first time or if you are switching from vB's default URLs I'm going to be honest and tell you: no, you do not need a vbseo or xfseo. It will probably improve very little SEO wise (XF is already SEO'd very well).

I still hope that K&M see the importance of more rewrite options though...

It is not important to me at all.
I do own a vBSEO license, don't get me wrong, it's a good product with good support and all that fun stuff. I just want to get away from these massive add-ons (paid or otherwise) and get back to basics with my forum. xF seems to meet my requirements SEO wise anyways.

I don't think a "xenSEO" would be particularly needed. However, as a vBSEO customer, I have to say that their customer support is quite outstanding.

I don't think a "xenSEO" would be particularly needed. However, as a vBSEO customer, I have to say that their customer support is quite outstanding.
I agree. Not sure what happened with Mattie Num Nums, I've always had great support over there and the latest release is outstanding, both in features and ACP design, nothing bad about their product, it's much better than the latest release of the product they made it for.

You will not need any such program to run your forums, as long as there are modules within the ACP on XF that allow you to add meta data properly.

ha-ha-ha :D
vbseo just want to get into the history lol

I specially found those quotations (where the hell's the "quotes" button!!!):

“The world potential market for copying machines is 5000 at most.” — IBM, to the eventual founders of Xerox, saying the photocopier had no market large enough to justify production, 1959.

“Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible.” — Lord Kelvin, British mathematician and physicist, president of the British Royal Society, 1895.

“The horse is here to stay but the automobile is only a novelty – a fad.” — The president of the Michigan Savings Bank advising Henry Ford’s lawyer, Horace Rackham, not to invest in the Ford Motor Co., 1903

this one is awesome :D just look at the lifetime predicted by vbseo smarty and mr zanuck:
“[Television] won’t be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night.” — Darryl Zanuck, movie producer, 20th Century Fox, 1946.

full set of "predictors" is there http://listverse.com/2007/10/28/top-30-failed-technology-predictions/

I use VBSEO on two largish forums, 30,000 threads and 300,000 posts and whilst I cannot contemplate moving them yet as I need to have quite a few mods converted/written for xF. I will as soon as I can. My biggest worry would be messing up all those urls, and getting a massive serps hit. Hopefully by the time I am ready to jump with these forums some kind person will have written an auto script for dummies like me, so that the url structure is automatically ported. :fingers crossed smiley here:

Top Bottom