How Do You Cross-Promote Your Related Forums?

System0

I am thinking of developing 2 or 3 other related forums which will complement an existing forum I run. The topics are different therefore a new forum is the best idea though many people from each forum would be interested in the other forum (but not all, which is why I am launching more and not putting them all on one domain).

I'm sure many XenForo do have related forums and/or have in the past, therefore I'm curious as to how you cross-promote them.

• Do you put a network link bar at the top of the page?
  • Do you put a network link bar in the footer?
  • Do you link to your other forums by creating a link node via XenForo?
  • Do you hard code links to your other forums right into the nav bar?
  • Do you cross promote them in a different way?
I'm keen on seeing how other members promote one of their forums to members of another forum they own. What's the best method in your opinion?
Thanks,
Kevin

I either put links or banners in the footer/sidebar. Tried a network bar years ago, but it was a tad tacky for my liking, though it's not a bad idea to put the links into a very visible spot

I use an Advanced HTML widget from xFrocks Widget Framework.

cross.webp

I either put links or banners in the footer/sidebar. Tried a network bar years ago, but it was a tad tacky for my liking, though it's not a bad idea to put the links into a very visible spot

Yeah my first thought was a network bar though I'm not sure that works well with the xenforo login area at the top of the site (I know this can be moved though).

I use an Advanced HTML widget from xFrocks Widget Framework.

View attachment 29257

Suppose a simple links area displayed prominently on the home page could be a good way to go. I've got node tabs installed too so I could add links to the main navigation bar as well :)

Yeah my first thought was a network bar though I'm not sure that works well with the xenforo login area at the top of the site (I know this can be moved though).

Suppose a simple links area displayed prominently on the home page could be a good way to go. I've got node tabs installed too so I could add links to the main navigation bar as well :)
Hmm. That's a good idea.

Working on it.

How about a network bar running along the right or left hand side of the sites (sitting on the background)?

Okay I used Jaxel's RawHyperText block module that came with the latest version of Xenporta.

For the forum list, I called that block inside xFrock's Widget Framework Advanced Template (Without Wrapper) block.

cross2.webp

cross3.webp

How about a network bar running along the right or left hand side of the sites (sitting on the background)?

That's one possibility. I do like the idea of branding all forums in the same way so that some members sign up to other forums. Looks more professional that way too imho.

Okay I used Jaxel's RawHyperText block module that came with the latest version of Xenporta.

For the forum list, I called that block inside xFrock's Widget Framework Advanced Template (Without Wrapper) block.

View attachment 29259
View attachment 29260
That's a good option, but it's quite static.
I prefer to use the same plugin Widget Framework, but to add a Feed Reader widget, so the last X threads will show there. More dynamic and rise more interest :)

Top Bottom