XF 1.2 How Do Members Change Their Birthdays?

imno007

I found a post that was over a year old saying that this has to be done by a database query. Is this still the case today? I'm guessing so, since I can't find an option to change it, but wanted to double-check.

I'll right, thanks, I'll dig around for it. Not quite awake yet and already had someone asking me about it. Would be nice if there were an option to allow and disallow members to do it themselves, especially for us who just imported thousands of users whose birthdays are now showing them all to be something like a 113 years old. ;)

That is the most likely issue. An add-on to allow users to change their birthdays wouldn't be too difficult to create (if one isn't already made), you can probably request one in the appropriate forum. :)

...especially for us who just imported thousands of users whose birthdays are now showing them all to be something like a 113 years old. ;)

I suggest running this query to change all the dob_year fields that are currently showing 1900 to 0. Always backup your database first before running a query.

UPDATE xf_user_profile SET dob_year='0' WHERE dob_year='1900'

Last edited:
Top Bottom