1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 How Do Members Change Their Birthdays?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by imno007, Jul 9, 2013.

1. imno007

imno007 Active Member

I found a post that was over a year old saying that this has to be done by a database query. Is this still the case today? I'm guessing so, since I can't find an option to change it, but wanted to double-check.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It can be changed by an admin in the Admin CP.

imno007 likes this.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Once a user sets their birthday, they can't edit it. However, an admin can via the control panel.

...ninja'd...

Jeremy, Chris D and imno007 like this.
  4. imno007

imno007 Active Member

I'll right, thanks, I'll dig around for it. Not quite awake yet and already had someone asking me about it. Would be nice if there were an option to allow and disallow members to do it themselves, especially for us who just imported thousands of users whose birthdays are now showing them all to be something like a 113 years old. ;)

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What did you import from and how? They could lost likely be classed as a bug.

6. imno007

imno007 Active Member

I imported through VB 3.8, since I couldn't do it directly through SMF - so that might have been the reason, the two imports.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is the most likely issue. An add-on to allow users to change their birthdays wouldn't be too difficult to create (if one isn't already made), you can probably request one in the appropriate forum. :)

imno007 likes this.
  8. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I suggest running this query to change all the dob_year fields that are currently showing 1900 to 0. Always backup your database first before running a query.

UPDATE xf_user_profile SET dob_year='0' WHERE dob_year='1900'

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    imno007 likes this.
  9. imno007

imno007 Active Member

Thanks, Andy, probably a good idea. I suppose it might be less insulting to some people than being a 113.