XF 1.5 How do I get a report of the number of members visiting each month?

Unfortunately, that report isn't exactly what you think. At best, you divide by the number of days to get the average daily information, but that differs from "what users were active this month".

We only track the last time a user was active, so the only way to get a list of users (or aggregate number) of users active in a given month is to check if the last activity is within the current month (when checked at the end of the month). This would need to be stored then to track further information over time.

I hope there is better reporting functionality in Xenforo 2. This stuff is really important for gauging where to focus resources. And for reporting to potential customers.
Not being able to tell people how many members visit each month is shockingly bad, really.
It's not even easy to get this data out of Google Analytics even with Digital Point's enhanced analytics addon.

It's there in a roundabout way. You could use the Search Users page and set the criteria accordingly including the "last activity" date fields for the required period.

This will return a list of users and at the footer of that list should be a number.

Not exactly what you want in the format you want but should be the right number at least.

It's there in a roundabout way. You could use the Search Users page and set the criteria accordingly including the "last activity" date fields for the required period.

This will return a list of users and at the footer of that list should be a number.

Not exactly what you want in the format you want but should be the right number at least.
It doesn't let you notice a trend of any sort or anything though. It does give you the number of users active in the past x days though.

This can't be correct, Chris. Is last activity really the same as any activity?
I ran this for December and it returned only 112 members.
132 in November.

Ours looks correct.

"Search Users", give "2015-12-01" as the start and "2015-12-31" as the end in "Last visited between" and it gets you the count.

But it does NOT count any members who were last online AFTER that period.

So it can't be used really if the end date is not today...

That's roughly what I was referring to. You can only use it relative to right now to get a meaningful number. If you you look for last activity in November, it won't match anyone who was active in December or January.

Indeed. So the most accurate thing to do right now is to run it from the 9th December 2015 to 8th January 2016. I've done this for you Stuart at AVF and it comes out at a much bigger number than 130. I also ran it for December and November and still got a much bigger number than you. Are you sure you didn't select any other criteria?

16,512 when I run it from December 8 to January 7. Hmmm. What I'm after is a monthly report for 2015. Is there an SQL statement I can run?

So users is members and not just people using the site? 'Cos it's not clear. It's the number of members I'm after.

Last edited:
Top Bottom