How do I change text color on the overlay / member card?

danielwerner

Hi!

Quick question: How do I change text color on the overlay / member card? WITHOUT changing colors in the color palette. I have the colors as I like them now, but the only problem is that in the overlay the text is just a bit too dark.

Can it be done in the style properties?

Thanks!

I used EXTRA.css for this.

Code:
/* Change colour of username on member card */
.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3 {
color: @secondaryLight !important;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3 a {
color: @secondaryLight !important;
}

/* Change colour of title on member card */
.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h4 {
color: @primaryLight !important;
}

/* Change colour of upper horizontal divider on member card */
.xenOverlay.memberCard .userLinks {
border-bottom: 1px solid @dimmedTextColor !important;
}

/* Change colour of links title on member card */
.xenOverlay.memberCard .userLinks a {
}

/* Change colour of lower horizontal divider on member card */
.xenOverlay.memberCard .lastActivity {
border-top: 1px solid @dimmedTextColor !important;
}

I guess you cant do this in the Style properties cause i have dark text on a dark background
i am using the latest version forum

Another problem is the text at the bottom of the New Post screen is dark on a dark background. where do i go to fix that?

Found another problem. When i pin a thread it turns purple and i haven't set anything to purple

Hi Jake. I uploaded another skin last night and that seems to have fixed the problems on the default skin, no idea why.

The problem i have with the default skin now is in the attached pic.dark text.webp

Hi Jake. I uploaded another skin last night and that seems to have fixed the problems on the default skin, no idea why.

The problem i have with the default skin now is in the attached pic.View attachment 11042

Not sure about style properties for that one but in extra.css you could add:

Code:
        .xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo .userStats th
        {
            color: #FFFFFF !important;
        }

Also wi11ie if you have FireFox, check out: http://getfirebug.com/ it can help you speed through the skinning process like no other.

#FFFFFF being whichever color or @primaryLight

The problem i have with the default skin now is in the attached pic.View attachment 11042

See my previous two posts. Use that code in the EXTRA.css template to change that dark text color from your picture:

Try this:

Code:
.xenOverlay.memberCard .lastActivity dt
{
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userStats th
{
}

Code:
.xenOverlay.memberCard .muted
{
}

Thanks Jake and Russ that worked a treat :):)

Which controller is used for the lower text in this pic to brighten it please and its the same on the login page
???Text2.webp

Now having done all that :):) How do i center the Titles of the forums, categories and board title in the bars? I remember doing it in VB but it was so long ago that i cant remember how i did it and where i did it.

Anyone :)

Tried that it didn't work but did work in content.. Well there goes my color scheme

It works on the default style. Your custom style might be different.

Now having done all that :):) How do i center the Titles of the forums, categories and board title in the bars? I remember doing it in VB but it was so long ago that i cant remember how i did it and where i did it.

Anyone :)

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Forum List -> Category Strip Title

Add this to the Miscellaneous box:

Code:
text-align: center;

That will center the category titles:

Screen shot 2011-02-14 at 9.16.02 AM.webp

Top Bottom