How difficult is it to skin XenForo?

System0

Another long suffering vBulletin here who is very impressed with the xenforo script (plus encouraged by the fact it was developed by kier etc), vBulletin went downhill the minute it was sold. I was one of the suckers duped into buying their cms system...it seemed 10 years old at launch!!

Anyways, my situation is this. I run a WordPress blog. At the moment I have bbpress integrated with the site. I was encouraged by the development of bbpress being converted into a plugin and hoped that it would kickstart the community. This doesn't seem to have been the case. The forums are dead, there's little or no documentation and even if it does get a bit better, the script itself is still way too basic.

I've been messing about with the xenforo script. It seems great and less bloated than vbulletin (in the end vBulletin arguably had too many features).

I'm actually quite happy with the default xenforo theme however I am keen for it to be integrated with my blog design. I'm not too bothered about a bridge i.e. I'm happy for the forum to be stand alone with regards to memberships etc. However, I do want the forum integrated with my blogs header and footer so that they share the same navigation menu etc.

I have did this many times with other forum scripts including vbulletin, smf etc; however my first attempt at doing this with xenforo didn't go too well (in the demo area).

Could an experienced XenForo user advise how difficult it is to integrate a header and footer from a websites main design. Any examples of this out in the wild? :)

Thanks,
Kevin

Top Bottom