1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I update an uploaded resource?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by NeilEccles, Oct 26, 2013.

1. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

I am sorry if this seems rather trivial, but I just can't see how, on my forum, I can just overwrite a resource pdf I have already uploaded.

The work around seems to be to delete and upload the whole thing again, but does that delete the original file?

Your kind advice and assistance would be most gratefully received

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Click the "post resource update" button.
  3. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Sorry Mike, thanks for trying to help but I just can't find that button! Any clues please?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In the sidebar.

5. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Hi Mike

Thanks for this, I guess I don't have the correct update since my sidebar only has 4 of those choices. I will update the forum from 1.15 to 1.2.... soon and RM I suppose at the same time.

Many thanks

6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You should have the Post Resource Update option in any version.

You should also see it at the top breadcrumb:

If you don't see this, then it suggests some other issue. Likely permissions.

For example, are you the resource author? Only resource authors can post resource updates. If you aren't the resource author, then as an Admin (if you have permission) you should be able to Reassign the resource to yourself then as long as you have permission you can post a resource update.
  7. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Thanks Chris. I will look again at permissions and take your advice

Most kind

8. NeilEccles

NeilEccles Member

Problem solved, I re-saved the permissions, then it all came good. Thank you so much both.