Hover Over Title Is Awesome

Brandon_R

You're probably reading this from an overlay in the forum or search results, if so doesn't it rock?

Just a mockup of what a thin vs think border looks like.

Thick
screen-shot-2010-08-27-at-8-54-24-am-png.1289

Thin
screen-shot-2010-08-27-at-8-53-36-am-png.1288

It looks nice :)

Off topic:

You made a grammatical error, it should read "You're" - as in "you are". Not to be a "grammar nazi" - it just gets me every time I see something like that. For an easy to remember guide, check out this useful and humorous link! http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling
Thank You. This other guy posted an obnoxious image and i had to report it. Thanks again for the heads up.

Another nice addition, I can't say I use it much but I can see why others do. As stated by others, The border thickness seems a little thick. Perhaps 3px or 4px would suffice I would personally opt for 3px.

My view is, it's very nice but I don't like the *additional* delay after the box has appeared before the text is populated.

If you hover over one, then move away, then go back to it, you'll see it pop up *without* that second delay and it's much better.

I'm guessing the second delay is while the data is called from the database, but that seems oddly slow. The entire action is a bit "clunky" because of this.

My view is, it's very nice but I don't like the *additional* delay after the box has appeared before the text is populated.

If you hover over one, then move away, then go back to it, you'll see it pop up *without* that second delay and it's much better.

I'm guessing the second delay is while the data is called from the database, but that seems oddly slow. The entire action is a bit "clunky" because of this.
Correct, the first delay, other than the part of the javascript delay, is the when it performs the ajax request to the db to get the content. AFter it is stored into the page all that needs to be done is wait for the javascript delay to activate it.

Do you guys mean the javascript delay is too slow? Because that can be changed. If you meant the database call is too slow, it would be wiser to store it in the page instead of querying for it.

I would prefer it if was loaded to the left of the title; I tend to middle click most of my links in quick succession, and I have to wait for the preview to disappear, slowing down my browsing. 

Everyone has their personal tastes, looks, etc. What is eye catching to one is not necessarily eye catching to another.

The foundation is extremely well done, which enables all designes to quickly change for personal taste.

Top Bottom