Hover Over Title Is Awesome

Shelley

Another nice addition, I can't say I use it much but I can see why others do. As stated by others, The border thickness seems a little thick. Perhaps 3px or 4px would suffice I would personally opt for 3px.

Mark.B

My view is, it's very nice but I don't like the *additional* delay after the box has appeared before the text is populated.

If you hover over one, then move away, then go back to it, you'll see it pop up *without* that second delay and it's much better.

I'm guessing the second delay is while the data is called from the database, but that seems oddly slow. The entire action is a bit "clunky" because of this.

I likey :D I was seriously missing the hover preview and now I'm a happy bunny. Yeah its a bit clunky style-wise, but thats just tweaking really.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I agree.

Too slow to be of any use really as it's just as quick to open the thread and click back.

Brandon_R

My view is, it's very nice but I don't like the *additional* delay after the box has appeared before the text is populated.

If you hover over one, then move away, then go back to it, you'll see it pop up *without* that second delay and it's much better.

I'm guessing the second delay is while the data is called from the database, but that seems oddly slow. The entire action is a bit "clunky" because of this.
Correct, the first delay, other than the part of the javascript delay, is the when it performs the ajax request to the db to get the content. AFter it is stored into the page all that needs to be done is wait for the javascript delay to activate it.

Brandon_R

Do you guys mean the javascript delay is too slow? Because that can be changed. If you meant the database call is too slow, it would be wiser to store it in the page instead of querying for it.

Mark.B

Do you guys mean the javascript delay is too slow? Because that can be changed. If you meant the database call is too slow, it would be wiser to store it in the page instead of querying for it.
Yes, it's the database call that's too slow.

Anthony Parsons

Maybe I have just missed this until now... but WOW... very well designed and thought through to see a neat design sticking with the avatar against content theme. Very well designed and implemented.

Screen shot 2010-08-27 at 8.29.36 AM.png

Shelley

I agree. I said in a related post in off-topic that I liked it but seldom use it but since that comment I'm using it more frequently. Very clean and tidy. The border thickness is my only gripe.

Forsaken

I would prefer it if was loaded to the left of the title; I tend to middle click most of my links in quick succession, and I have to wait for the preview to disappear, slowing down my browsing. 

erich37

Yep. How about doing some mockups of the borderchanges in width Shelly?
why do you actually want to change everything which is implemented ?
It is fine as is.

The thickness of the border actually gives the nice glossy effect.

Anthony Parsons

Everyone has their personal tastes, looks, etc. What is eye catching to one is not necessarily eye catching to another.

The foundation is extremely well done, which enables all designes to quickly change for personal taste.