Hover effects / touch devices

mufunyo

xF seems to rely heavy on rollover/hover effects for things like the pop-out boxes and the forum descriptions. Are there any plans to provide alternatives for touch-based devices where hovering is physically impossible? Of course disabling JavaScript is not an option.

Those popup boxes like the forum description goes on the page normally when the javascript is disabled which could be good for touch devices etc. Take a try at it.

And it disables all the other nice things as well. I have Opera Mobile, which has a perfectly capable JavaScript engine, so I want to make use of it. Disabling JavaScript causes more page loads/reloads, where a whole new page needs to be loaded and rendered, which is much slower on a mobile device. The pop out quick reply and stuff like that streamlines the experience a lot. So again, disabling JavaScript IS NOT AN OPTION.

Maybe you could wait for a developer to give some insights before suggesting to throw out the baby with the bathwater from the get go?

I am not suggesting to disable javascript completely. Just disable it [maybe for 1 minute] to see how the site would look on a non js friendly phone or handheld :P

I would be crazy to suggest disabling javascript to browse a website :P

I am not suggesting to disable javascript completely. Just disable it [maybe for 1 minute] to see how the site would look on a non js friendly phone or handheld :p

I would be crazy to suggest disabling javascript to browse a website :p

Ooh, that's what you meant. Sorry for overreacting then, it wasn't entirely clear. :)

Top Bottom