1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hosting Recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by AmericanForum.com, Sep 21, 2010.

1. AmericanForum.com

AmericanForum.com Well-Known Member

Anybody care to recommend a good hosting company for XF ?
  2. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

You might want to post some basic requirements, because there are hosts that are above others in one area, but average in others.
  3. Miko

Miko Well-Known Member

Powervps.com and servint.com are both really good for managed vps
  4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

so is WiredTree
  5. Jose Amaral Mota

Jose Amaral Mota Active Member

If you are just starting and do not think you will be that active from the start, the 'A Small Orange' is not a bad company to look into.

Make sure your host provider has the abilities to do what is posted in link below.
  6. Forsaken

I'm not the OP... I definitely don't need hosting recommendations ;p.
  7. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

If I learned one thing about hosting ... do not go for the very cheap ones. You'll regret it.
  8. Jose Amaral Mota

Jose Amaral Mota Active Member

Just quoting what was already mention... as it easier then regurgitating. (Oh, those alerts must of gotten to you already... That was not the reason for quoting you... Must have option to quote without sending any 'Alerts') :p

Note to self: make suggest to not send alert of message you are quoting...., but makes no sense to have this change, but then...
  9. Forsaken

There are plenty of cheap hosts that are able to keep their prices lower for shared/resellers as they make more off of other services they offer. 
  10. dutchbb

Just don't expect any quality support of them, trust me, been there done that.
  11. Forsaken

Again... It depends on the host.

There are plenty of hosts that can provide cheap hosting, and still support (Non-priority, which is almost always reserved for managed dedicated or managed VPS for -any- host) their services more then decently.

There are also -free- hosts that provide decent service and support, depending on your needs. 
  12. dutchbb

There probably are, but I wouldn't want to risk it again and I do not recommend it to anyone either.
  13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Knownhost is great for a good managed VPS.
    RickM likes this.
  14. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

I use slicehost and linode, but you have to manage your own VPS.
  15. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

I use fdc servers, not bad really.
    Forsaken likes this.
  16. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I currently use http://www.asmallorange.com/ shared hosting. Those servers meet the requirements for XF.

Shared servers are cheap but they can be unreliable at times. One thing I have noticed about shared servers is that they tend to improve over time. I think this is because the population of the server eventually stabilizes as the hosting company sells the remaining accounts on the server and boots the resource hogs.
  17. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

18. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

+1 for hostgator, excellent shared packages available.
  19. HenrikHansen

HenrikHansen Well-Known Member

I agree, www. asmallorange.com you can trust, cheap, reliable, and their e-mail support is lightening fast.
  20. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Hostgator is probably nice for support and a nice small site but don't expect to grow too much on their servers because you will soon be recieving emails/notices to upgrade to their VPS/Dedicated hosts.
    Puntocom likes this.