XF 1.2 Home tab selected when home

Phases

My home tab is renamed News. I'm using FeaturedNews with Porta.. and auto promte news from a forum called "News"

I have used Nodes as Tabs to link the News forum to the News tab, which is great. So now when someone clicks a news article, and go to the news forum to read it, it does NOT highlight "Forum" up there. Which is part 1 of what I was looking for when I found Nodes as Tabs in the first place.

What I also want is my News (home) tab, that is now linked with the news forum, to be selected when on the home page, an when in that forum. So it's highlighted like all the others.

It looks like nodes as tabs provides that functionality IF you are displaying the node as a forum, not linked to a forum. So, I can't use it for that.

Anyone know of a way to do this? Appreciate any assistance!

p.s. I'm trying to answer as many questions as I'm asking!

If you are using an add-on to create the links, you'll need to contact the authors of the add-ons to determine how to have the necessary tabs selected.

Yeah, I just figured someone code guru would just be able to tell me the snippets or whatever to add to the bits in the navbar section:

<!-- home -->
<xen:if is="{$showHomeLink}">
<li class="navTab home PopupClosed "><a href="{$homeLink}" class="navLink">{xen:phrase home}</a></li>
<xen:if is="{$extraTab.selected}"><div class="tabLinks"></div></xen:if>
</xen:if>

Top Bottom