XF 2.1 Home page viewing news from forum

Rettep

Hello!

I've seen this on other websites, and I wonder if that's an addon or something I can do.

Basiclly in the forums, there is a section called "News & Announcements". Everytime something is posted there. It will also display at the homepage, kinda like a blog. And if you click on a post from the home page you will be sent to the forum post.

You can set it in your ACP

ACP > Basics settings > Forum basic informations > Index page path
(sorry it's probably not exactly these sentences but my ACP is translated to french...)

You have to create a page node in ACP > Forums > Create a new forum > Page
Set the index page URL with the URL of the page node created above, add the widget to the page node.

This add-on adds a widget that will display new threads, or threads with new posts, within an admin selected Page node. The list of threads are displayed in article format and can be set to be displayed above the Page node content, or below. The Page node selected should have the option Advanced mode checked.

This add-on inserts two new widget positions: [EAE] Page view: Above content, and [EAE] Page view: Below content, which can be utilised by other widgets.

But how do I set that to my home button?
with this procedure
ACP > Basics settings > Forum basic informations > Index page path
Past the URL of your page node in the field Index page path, your Home button will be linked with the page node.
Sorry for messing it up. I really don't got a hang of this. But I really do appreciate the help!
No problem, with pleasure

Maybe you missed this post #15 (xenforo.com)

Top Bottom