High Number of Paypal Chargebacks This Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I said, request their username here and check it's validity by getting them to PM you or something. There'd be a way to work it somehow.

Sadly depending on how they put the claim PayPal will award in favor of the buyer if there's no physical tracking involved. This has been my experience at least.
This isn't necessarily true.

I had a chargeback recently and sent them proof that it was a digital sale and that it was delivered and they're currently trying to work with the credit card company to reverse the chargeback as it was obvious fraud.

I'm finding that with my Gallery I'm getting less charge backs. Only one since it was launched.

I put this down to the fact that that have to register on my site.

Eventually I'll be validating XF licenses before sale too. And an improved ordering system.

That should pretty much prevent it.

Most of my charge backs relate to unauthorised access of a PayPal account. How can you prove that's not the case? Not even PayPal can, it seems.

The end result is, despite trying, I lose every single chargeback.

This isn't necessarily true.

I had a chargeback recently and sent them proof that it was a digital sale and that it was delivered and they're currently trying to work with the credit card company to reverse the chargeback as it was obvious fraud.

As I said, just my experience, but it'll be nice to know your outcome.

As I said, just my experience, but it'll be nice to know your outcome.
Probably won't get the money back, but I had already written it off.

Luckily what I make online is just to fund hobbies and interests, rather than as an actual income for living off of.

You don't really have a choice. Sonnb requires the same thing for his gallery add-on.

I like that one too, I would like to have it, but I have to be desperate to get it.
I bought one addon just a day or two ago, on this site.
Clicked on the link, it took me to PayPal, paid for it, in a few minutes the file arrived to my email address.

Last edited:
I like that one too, I would like to have it, but I have to be desperate to get it.
I bought one addon just a day or two ago, on this site.
Clicked on the link, it took me to PayPal, paid for it, in a few minutes the file arrived to my email address.
They don't really do it to annoy you or any other customer. They do it mainly to protect themselves from scenarios like OP described. Nothing would happen if you register for another XF forum that takes 1 minute or less and send them a PC: "Hello I want to purchase"
That's it. 10 more clicks on your trackpad/mouse. 0.0001 more calories burned that day from purchasing an add-on :)

@Jaxel
What you could do as a collective of developers is to validate licenses (to get their customer UID) before a download is provided and if they chargeback, add them to a blacklist you share among each other.

It's probably better to do the validation before a purchase so that you don't have to deal with the consequential chargeback from blocking their download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom