XF 1.3 Hiding images question

Benas223

Hey, I have a forum section for "Reporting rule breakers", and I want to allow users to upload images there, however den other users to view those images (only admins and thread creators).

Any ideas?

'post attachments to posts' and 'view attachments to posts' are separate usergroup permissions...
If I do "Revoke" for "view attachments to post" for "Registered" user group. Then they can't even upload images.
af2de22fa0a4c74f15711b74f0221fea.png

The "Upload file" is missing.

022d50b0e331d7495d8a1dcff605c2db.png

And the previously uploaded images shrink up a little size, and they can't view a full images which is good. But is there an option to completly remove images so they cant see them? Because you can clearly read some words on the images.

You can only attach if you can view (as there isn't an exemption for your own attachments).

Otherwise, there are no options to prevent viewing the thumbnails.

Any suggestions?
Instead of trying to do this (which can't be done), you could revoke the View threads by others permission for Registered and allow it for Moderators in this forum. That way users can post a report but can only see their own threads (and therefore images) whilst moderators can see all threads.

Instead of trying to do this (which can't be done), you could revoke the View threads by others permission for Registered and allow it for Moderators in this forum. That way users can post a report but can only see their own threads (and therefore images) whilst moderators can see all threads.

I thought about this already. But we have a form that they need to follow while reporting a rule breaker. Is there away to allow one thread to be view by everyone on that forum?

I thought about this already. But we have a form that they need to follow while reporting a rule breaker. Is there away to allow one thread to be view by everyone on that forum?
You could possibly use a notice in that forum to explain this. If not enough space, use the notice to link to a XenForo page with the details on it.

Top Bottom