[Herocraft Development ] Minecraft Server Status Block [Paid] [Deleted]

For some reason it isn't showing up in the correct location, and when the server goes offline you get a white screen error on the page the block is on. This prevents people from being able to visit that page. I can't share this error because i got that after hurricane sandy hit, and i was on my iPhone visiting the site. This definatly needs an update to be usable.
I am kind of aware of this(the white screen anyway, not too sure why it isn't showing in the right location) there is an update in the works. Expect it soon after the 27th. (My last exam date).

I can't figure out how to make this work. >_>
I am running on shared hosting, but my server is queried from most major server listings without issue.
(Yes, I am running MineQuery, as well).

My server is:
pvp.ruinationgaming.org

I've tried setting the query port to both on the status block to both 25565 and 25566.

from server.properties:
server-port=25565
query.port=25565
minequery-port=25566

I've specified that under the xenporta block details.
The block is showing up in the correct location, but is saying the server is offline.
(I know you're also aware of the extensive length of time required for the page to load if the server returns as offline);

I can't figure out how to make this work. >_>
I am running on shared hosting, but my server is queried from most major server listings without issue.
(Yes, I am running MineQuery, as well).

My server is:
pvp.ruinationgaming.org

I've tried setting the query port to both on the status block to both 25565 and 25566.

from server.properties:
server-port=25565
query.port=25565

I've specified that under the xenporta block details.
The block is showing up in the correct location, but is saying the server is offline.
(I know you're also aware of the extensive length of time required for the page to load if the server returns as offline);
You need to ask your host to open port 25565.

But.. my server is being queried by six different server listing sites right now without issue, all on port 25565.
Doesn't that indicate that the port is open?
flag_red.gif
Port 25565 is closed on ruinationgaming.org.
Check for your open ports here. You should speak with your web host, and explain to them what you need to port for.

Thanks for checking.
Wouldn't I need 25566 open for the server status block (because of minquery)?

I've filed a ticket with my host, they're usually pretty quick with support. :)

Err, you checked on my website domain, not the server address. :\

flag_green.gif
Port 25565 is open on pvp.ruinationgaming.org.
flag_green.gif
Port 25566 is open on pvp.ruinationgaming.org.

Unless, wait, do I need ports 25565/25566 opened on my website?

flag_green.gif
flag_green.gif

It needs to be open on your website as well.

It needs to be open on your website as well.

flag_green.gif
flag_green.gif

No, the ports shouldn't need to be opened on your website as such.

To clear a few things up...
  • Ports 25565 and 25566 need to be opened on your game server. Which you've done.
  • No new ports need to be opened on your web server.
What is probably the problem is this, since your on shared hosting - your host probably has a firewall that blocks outgoing connections from your server to your minecraft server over ports that are rarely used. Which is why Minequery will work if you use server listing sites as they won't be blocking those ports. Open up a support ticket with your webhost and tell them that you need to query to a game server running on port 25566, and ask them if they allow that. If they don't well - I might have a way around it if you have root access to your minecraft server :).

Feel free to ask for more help if you need it.

EDIT: Took a look at your website and it looks like you've got it sorted :).

Also, you might want to change the name of your block to 'Minecraft Server Status' - take a look for the phrase 'herodev_blocktitle'. Which is under the appearance tab.

I've decided to put up some screenshots of what I've been doing to show you what the next update will look like :). Some of the things you'll see aren't completed just yet (Mainly the new page).

New things:
  • Multiple Servers
  • Paginated Player List
  • Automatically Updates (At least the player count and online/offline status will - I may do the player list in the future)
  • Online Checker (Check if a player is online , on any of the servers you have)
  • Looks better!
I'm not too sure when it will be ready yet, but it shouldn't be long.

Oh, and if you got any suggestions - now would be a good time :)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.26.29 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.26.29 AM.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.29.36 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.29.36 AM.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.29.54 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.29.54 AM.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.39.35 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2012-11-26 at 12.39.35 AM.webp
    18 KB · Views: 15
Nice job! From what I saw in the screenshot it still uses Minequery, you're still planning to change to the inbuilt query function right? Apart from that it's going to be a nice update, greatly looking forward to it. :)

Nice job! From what I saw in the screenshot it still uses Minequery, you're still planning to change to the inbuilt query function right? Apart from that it's going to be a nice update, greatly looking forward to it. :)
Thanks!

Already changed! It works with the built in querying now, but it still supports Minequery - as Herocraft (as well as some other servers) blocks UDP packets (for security reasons) - which is what the built in query system uses.

Thanks!

Already changed! It works with the built in querying now, but it still supports Minequery - as Herocraft (as well as some other servers) blocks UDP packets (for security reasons) - which is what the built in query system uses.
I guess that's fair enough, maybe I should be blocking UDP packets to my servers as well.

Is there any way this could be used for non-Minecraft servers, such as Tf2, DayZ etc?
Yes, it is possible - at least with Tf2 and all the other games that use the source engine. I'm not sure about Dayz but I can look into it.

Its on the list for after the next update.

Looking good, any idea on when the new update is available?

Also i can get u a nice github link to ping other games than Minecraft.

Top Bottom