Help With NGINX and APC

On your server:
Code:
wget mysqltuner.pl

chmod +x mysqltuner.pl

./mysqltuner.pl

I keep tuning to the numbers it is asking and now it is telling me i need more RAM because my MySQL usage is dangerously high. That seem normal?

The more RAM you have on your db server, the better. You literally can't have too much. How much memory do you have on the server? How much space do all your databases take up? Does your server do anything else besides act as a db server?

I'd put 1TB RAM into my db servers if they could take that much.

I keep tuning to the numbers it is asking and now it is telling me i need more RAM because my MySQL usage is dangerously high. That seem normal?
mysqltuner.pl is very old, you should try using modified mysqltuner.pl incorporated in mysqlmymonlite.sh at http://mysqlmymon.com/#mysqltuner it has updated recommendations and explanations that better reflect current times - especially for ram recommendations - see example output at http://forums.cpanel.net/f189/mysql...tats-gathering-tool-cpanel-server-268011.html

quoting the part of ram recommendations in modified mysqltuner.pl

*** Please note this recommendation isnt entirely accurate.
The formula used to calculate max memory usage assumes all queries utilise
all memory buffers simultaneously. When in reality is it is very rare for a
query to engage & utilise all memory buffers simultaneously.

Formula also assumes all predefined max_connections are reached.
You could have set max_connections = 1000 and in a whole year
of usage never hit beyond 50 max_used_connections. So your real MySQL
memory usage is only 1/20th of theorectical max memory usage reported.

So real max memory usage will never reach this peak.
So dont be too concerned with this warning.

It is better to monitor your real MySQL max_used_connection and MySQL
memory usage over time and adjust accordingly.

You can use tools such as Cacti, Munin or mysqlmymonlite.sh to
monitor your MySQL memory usage over time.

MySQL performs optimally when its required amount of memory is met.
Reducing and starving MySQL memory allocation to adhere to this
artificial max memory warning - of which in reality will never be reached,
will only reduce MySQL performance in many cases ***

but yes you can still over-allocate memory to mysql buffers to cause excessive memory usage by mysql so mysqltuner would have some validity - best to monitor actual mysql usage and memory usage instead though :)

The more RAM you have on your db server, the better. You literally can't have too much. How much memory do you have on the server? How much space do all your databases take up? Does your server do anything else besides act as a db server?

I have 4 gig. While 1TB would be great! I am a bit limited. Should I invest in more at the moment?

I have a user who averages about 1,000 users active who are pretty active. Go up to 8 gig?

Also I am trying to get memcache to work. It is up and running (I can telnet to it) but when I put in the recommend settings for config.php I get an error. Any ideas?

Do not use APC 3.1.14. I have noticed that it will only cache 1 PHP file and nothing else. Not had time to check to see if it has been reported as a bug. 3.1.13 and below work fine.
Deebs,
Do you happen to figure this problem out?
PHP 5.3 and APC 3.1.14 will only cache 1 file.

At last, how many GB did you put into your DB server?
About caching software, I'd refer xcache, much faster.

Strange definitely seems fine for me.

Image%202013.01.12%208:59:46%20PM.png
Could be that I am still on 5.3.x

Bug report from others experiencing same type of problem: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=63909

No probs here on CentOS 6.3 with PHP 5.3.21 or 5.4.11 (mod_php or php-fpm) with APC 3.1.14 both PHP and APC source compiled.

Top Bottom