XF 2.0 help with fixing my screwup..

ps23Rick

Hey guys.. So, I was trying to fix an issue with an add-on and decided to do a "replace" using my FTP client and I now know that was a REALLY bad idea as it started deleting vast parts of XF.. ugg! So, I downloaded the full latest XF and re-upped the "src" and "styles" directories and re-ran the installation tool and it asked if I wanted to rebuild the master data and I selected yes. It did that OK but when I try to load the admin page I get the following :

Code:
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

I've got a ticket in with my hosting provider to recover the entire src and styles tree from yesterday but thought I'd see if there was some way to diagnose why I get the above error.. Maybe its not a good approach.. ? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I did look at the weblogs but there's supposedly nothing logged according to our hosting provider. I've asked them about that too..

Hey guys.. So, I was trying to fix an issue with an add-on and decided to do a "replace" using my FTP client and I now know that was a REALLY bad idea as it started deleting vast parts of XF.. ugg! So, I downloaded the full latest XF and re-upped the "src" and "styles" directories and re-ran the installation tool and it asked if I wanted to rebuild the master data and I selected yes. It did that OK but when I try to load the admin page I get the following :

Code:
An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

I've got a ticket in with my hosting provider to recover the entire src and styles tree from yesterday but thought I'd see if there was some way to diagnose why I get the above error.. Maybe its not a good approach.. ? Any thoughts would be appreciated. I did look at the weblogs but there's supposedly nothing logged according to our hosting provider. I've asked them about that too..
How much data do you have and are willing to sacrifice?
When was your last backup in comparison to this overwrite?

In the first instance, edit the src/config.php file and add the following:
PHP:
$config['debug'] = true;
Does that provide any further errors when you try to access the forum?

I personally made a backup back in October which was XF 2.09 at the time.. But, our hosting provider does nightly snapshots, so in theory I should be able to restore from that. Thanks Chris.. I'll add the debug flag and see what happens.. Give me a minute or two..

Ahh.. Here's the debug output.. Apparently associated with Tapatalk.. Thoughts on ditching this and moving forward?
Code:
An exception occurred: [Exception] Could not find class Tapatalk\XF\Repository\User when attempting to extend XF\Repository\User in src/XF/Extension.php on line 174

XF\Extension->extendClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php at line 254
XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getRepository() in src/XF/App.php at line 2332
XF\App->repository() in src/XF/App.php at line 1561
XF\App->getVisitorFromSession() in src/XF/Admin/App.php at line 52
XF\Admin\App->start() in src/XF/App.php at line 1930
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 333
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Back to src/config.php, keep the debug line but below add the following:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
This may get the forum back up and running, but anything related to add-ons will either not appear or not load as expected.

It should let you get to Admin CP though.

You can disable Tapatalk in the Add-ons list in the Admin CP to start with, and see if then removing the enableListeners line resolves the problem or whether new errors are then displayed.

ok.. I moved the old Tapatalk from October backup which I know hasn't been changed in months and put it into the src/addons directory as it was missing along with my Themehouse add-ons.. Now the CP comes up just fine!! Thanks guys! I now just need to update the Themehouse plugins and whatnot.. I think things are looking up!!!

ok.. I moved the old Tapatalk from October backup which I know hasn't been changed in months and put it into the src/addons directory as it was missing along with my Themehouse add-ons..
That works :)

If things are roughly running ok now, then remove the two lines you added to src/config.php. You don't want them on a live site unless you're troubleshooting.

Top Bottom