XF 1.2 Help! Tried to run debug mode - site down.

tommydamic68

Please help, I tried to run debug mode, added the code as the FAQ suggested above php>? and have this now. removed still have error.

An exception occurred: Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /home1/admin/public_html/community/library/config.php, line 2 in /home1/admin/public_html/community/library/Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php on line 321

1. Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->canSendHeaders() in Zend/Controller/Response/Abstract.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Controller_Response_Abstract->setHeader() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 63
  3. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->__construct() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 18
  4. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->__construct() in XenForo/Dependencies/Public.php at line 212
  5. XenForo_Dependencies_Public->getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 547
  6. XenForo_FrontController->_getViewRenderer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 141
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home1/admin/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

The FAQ absolutely does not advise you to add code above php>? least of all because that doesn't even appear in the config file.

Your config file will look something like this:

PHP:
<?php

$config['db']['host'] = '127.0.0.1';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = 'root';
$config['db']['password'] = '';
$config['db']['dbname'] = '1_xenforo';

$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

$config['debug'] = true;

But you will, of course, need to replace all of those db details with your own.

Strangely, I set the following:

$config['debug'] = 'false';

and I'm still stuck in debug mode.

I'm editing the library/config.php file - I've tried totally deleting the setting sort of assuming the default would go to "false"... that didn't work.

Any clues (XF 1.2.5)

What makes you think you are stuck in debug mode?

Removing it should default it to switching debug mode off.

Do you have any add-ons installed that may override the setting?

The only other thing would be some sort of PHP file caching that isn't detecting that the file has changed, but check the other stuff out first.

Well, the bottom of the forum index page has a link that leads to:

/forum/index.php?_debug=1

and the developer option appears in the Admin CP. So I'm thinking I'm in debug mode.

Top Bottom