1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help make a home Tab (custom html)

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Discussions' started by ExpertPixels.com, Mar 29, 2013.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I wish to create a simple addon.. Much like the "xenPorta" addon that is already available.. Now i don't care for any of the features "xenPorta" ... What i wan't to create is a simple addon that will do the following:

#1) Create a tab "Home" (mysite.com) and move the forums to (mysite.com/forums/)

#2) This addon "Home" tab will render my custom HTML from a file / template (preferably .html or .php)

I do not care for any sidebars / forums / threads / online members.. This will do nothing whatsoever asides from display my custom HTML / CSS within the xenForo wrapper.

Not even sure where to begin with this so i am hoping for any form of help / advise / input... anything that will point me in the right direction so i can learn as i go..

A HUGE THANKS in Advance to anyone who is able to HELP me with this.. Really would love to

Regards, Darren

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Dammm

Thank you Brogan that's awesome hahah taking a look now TY.. i was hoping to finally getting my hands dirty and learn something in the process but this might actually be great starting point.

Cheers