Header Thumbs

Header Thumbs 2.2

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Header Thumbs - Adds three small images to your header.

Description:

Header Thumbs will add three small images to your header.. These images are attachments that you members have posted. The images are rotate every 10 minutes. Each image when clicked will display the message the image was posted in.

Your members will love this add-on.

(Example of Header Thumbs)

View attachment 70751

(Example of Options)

View attachment 70752

Features:
  1. Adjustable image size
  2. Images can be selected from any forum
  3. Cron...

Read more about this resource...

Hi many thanks another great addon :)
In the Options it was taking the settings and i double checked my paths but all I got was your default images and Links
Couldnt find them and then saw them in the XML install

So I ended up editing the XML install file to update the paths and image folders and then doing an upgrade

Installed just fine, but only rotates pictures from your website. Does not look at the forum number.
I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks @AndyB for this useful addon, but i have this error:
Code:
Server Error

file_get_contents(/home/fotograf/web/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/internal_data/attachments/14/14676-5580f1edeb347555f7b71129148b7d00.data): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
file_get_contents() in Andy/HeaderThumbs/CronEntry/HeaderThumbs.php at line 74
Andy_HeaderThumbs_CronEntry_HeaderThumbs::runHeaderThumbs()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 213
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fotograf/web/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I'm using [bd] Attachment storage addon.
Thanks

Hi...sorry could be me being thick, but what do these files need to be... or are they empty folders...thanks

Image and text file preparation:

In the folder specified in Options (Thumb Path), create six files and chmod each one to 777. The file names need to be:

headerthumbs0.jpg
headerthumbs0.txt
headerthumbs1.jpg
headerthumbs1.txt
headerthumbs2.jpg
headerthumbs2.txt

I installed this plugin as described but it does not work and the images in my website is broken.... and I have these server errors in server's errors :

Code:
Server Error

file_put_contents() [function.file-put-contents]: Only 0 of 44 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    file_put_contents() in Andy/HeaderThumbs/CronEntry/HeaderThumbs.php at line 117
    Andy_HeaderThumbs_CronEntry_HeaderThumbs::runHeaderThumbs()
    call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 356
    XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 213
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cozmbeoi/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Thank you, Andy, for another very useful add-on!

I've just installed it on my site. There is one thing that doesn't seem to work all the time (but sometimes it does work). When I click on a thumbnail, I'm taken to the correct thread, but not the correct page.

Also, one thing that could be improved - and hopefully it's an easy fix: If a user has a page open with a certain set of thumbs displayed, and then wait beyond the 10 minutes before they click on one of the images, they are taken to the wrong thread. It would probably be better if the link associated with each thumb was generated when the page is rendered instead of when they click on the thumb. (I hope that makes sense.)

A couple of ideas for possible improvements:
  • When hovering over each thumb, the title of the thread could be displayed.
  • Keep the last x set of thumbs that were generated, and add some arrows so the user can go back to look at the previously generated thumb sets.
  • Improve the styling / layout a bit. I think it might look better if the same amount of horizontal space was allocated for each thumb, even for images that are in "portrait mode". Some kind of "frame" around the set of thumbs might improve the visual appeal, as well.

One of my members reports that thumbnails from images in deleted posts are being displayed.

Hi @AndyB ,
I installed your addon as per your instructions. @MattW helped out doing the magic stuff on the server. ImageMagick and Exec() is working.
Unfortunately nothing shows up in the header :(
I checked if the issue is caused by the theme I'm using, but no thumbs show up in the default Xenforo theme either.

The only thing I can think of is that the images need to be on my server? Right now 99% of the images are links to things like Dropbox.

Any help would be highly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

-------
Update: Added a couple of nodes which contain images as attachment. The addon works on the default skin. Unfortunately it does not work on the Flat Awsome shin :(

Will check with the creator of that forum if he can help out ;)

Last edited:
As Andy in the overview says:
The images are attachments that your members have posted.
Linked images are not attachments. But you can use an other add-on from Andy (Convert All) to convert all linked images to attachments. But then you will have all images back on your own server... ;)

Top Bottom