Header Thumbs 2.2

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.2
  2. 1.3
  3. 1.4
  4. 1.5
Description:

Header Thumbs will display three small images in your header. The images are attachments that your members have posted. Images will change every 10 minutes. Images when clicked will display the message the attachment was posted in.

Live Example:

http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/

Your members will love this add-on!

(Example of Header Thumbs)

pic001.webp

(Example of Options)

pic002.webp

Features:
  • Adjustable image size
  • Images can be selected from any forum
  • Cron Entry will rotate images every 10 minutes
  • Responsive view hides header thumbs
Requirements:

Requires ImageMagick.

To check if your server has ImageMagick, do the following:

Admin CP -> Options -> Attachments -> Default Image Processor

You should be able to select "ImageMagick PECL Extension". If you cannot select this, you will need to contact your web host provider and ask them to install ImageMagick with PECL.

Installation:

1. Download headerthumbs_v2.2.zip and unzip it.
  2. Upload the Andy folder to your server. The correct location is library/Andy.
  3. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page.
  4. Upload the addon-HeaderThumbs_v2.2.xml file
  5. Click the Install Add-on button.
Directory preparation:

Create a directory in your web root called /misc/ and set permissions to 0755.

Example:

http://www.domain.com/misc/

Style Properties:

The Height of Header Logo needs to be set to 110px:

pic003.webp

Sending a donation:

If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.

https://www.paypal.me/andybajka

Thank you.
Author
AndyB
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 6 ratings

More resources from AndyB

Latest updates

1. See description

On Dec 31, 2015 version 1.8 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection...
  2. See description

Header Thumbs v2.2 changes: Added a field to the Options called "Remove Header" which will...
  3. See description

Header Thumbs v2.1 changes: Updated Template Modifications code. Should work with all styles now.

Latest reviews

I love how this add-on gets our members images from their forum posts right out there on the front page. Well done, Andy!
I was unsure about this addon at first but after installing it i have to say Andy did it again and created another nice feature!

Great job Andy

Thanks for another addon :)
I had a little trouble understanding the install of this addon. No worries, Andy was gracious and patient enough to come to the rescue! This is one of our forums favorite addons. Keep up the good work, Andy!
Downloaded, installed and setup Header Thumbs 1.5 addon as easy as 1,2,3. Worked well the very first time. Looking great and already been getting comments from my members about this new feature. - Thanks AndyB
I would give this addon a sixth star if it was possible. All of Andy's addons are absolute gems. This addon however is more than brilliant. It makes the forum something your members 'own'. The thumbs generated are their photo's. Awsome!
woow very nice
Top Bottom