Having just read the announcement forum

Thread prefixes, Custom user profile fields, A notice system, ... and a few other surprises... winning!

Thank you XenForo Team

You couldn't add multiple prefixes to a thread, no. It was a drop-down list which allowed you to choose one.

I hope XenForo utilises something like Google's label system, whereby you can assign multiple labels to a thread.
Multiple labels == tags. Not on our radar at present.

Well a CMS isn't too far off from the new resources manager. Just tweak that page a little, add some category settings (like Wordpress has), add the ability to push categories to show on a portal page, and voila! CMS!

Well a CMS isn't too far off from the new resources manager. Just tweak that page a little, add some category settings (like Wordpress has), add the ability to push categories to show on a portal page, and voila! CMS!
I don't agree, but okay.

The resource manager isn't remotely like a CMS, and I doubt it'll be something that'll be released publicly.

A content manager is something that handles multiple forms of content, whether its through a modular system, or otherwise. A CMS (to me) is one part portal, one part static content (your about page, terms of service, privacy policy etc), and mostly support for dynamic content in most shapes and sizes. It should be more than an article system, but shouldn't be any full fledged system (article, blog, gallery, video repository).

I don't agree, but okay.
I don't agree either.
I can see the Resource Manager being used to download addons and hacks although I don't know if members can reply to posts.

Why not just attach a download to an article in the CMS then? Does the same job. Packages everything and gets the information out there.

Can the resource add-on be used to sell second hand products. In other words can the add-on be used as a rudimentary market.

PS: Speculating is so much fun :P

I wont be using the new search feature for some time, but I was curious. It was tested to be 20x faster then the current system on a large search result. How does that compare with XF + Sphinx?

Wow! WOW! XF 1.1 will mark the point when I feel most confident of migrating from vB 3.8 to XF. Thread prefixes (heavily utilized in my forum), a notice system, and an improved search engine for boards - just what I was hoping for. ;)

Thanks XF.

The search engine isn't necessarily coming out at the same time as 1.1 unless I misunderstood the announcement?

Top Bottom