XF 1.5 Having Issues Setting Up Gmail

Skelptr

Hello! I am having no luck getting the Xenforo email to function. It's impossible for any users to confirm their email, reset passwords, etc.

Currently, I'm using a brand new Gmail account; here's what I have set up:
Gmail1.webp
However, whenever it tries to send an email, this error occurs and is placed in the the Server Error Logs:

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to theuseremail@gmail.com failed: Network is unreachable - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('tcp://smtp.gmai...')
#1 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(216): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Mail.php(175): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(253): XenForo_Mail->send('theuseremail@gma...', 'Test')
#7 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/LostPassword.php(84): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendPasswordResetRequest(Array)
#8 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerPublic_LostPassword->actionLost()
#9 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 /home/legenfna/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

I've also tried using SSL (and port 465), but to not avail.

Am I missing something?

Last edited:
I have an ssl connection and I had to leave encryption turned off to get the mail to even start working, and I am using gmail for test purposes.
However, I never received any error in the logs pertaining to the email.
Best of luck!

Hi @Skelptr check with your host and ask them if their firewall is blocking outgoing SMTP ports on your account.

This happened to me on one of my hosts, they were blocking SMTP by default.

Top Bottom