- The only place in the world where they make Dr. Pepper according to the original formula is in Dublin, Texas. Dr Pepper was invented in Waco in 1885. There is no period after the Dr in Dr Pepper.
- The state was an independent nation from 1836 to 1845.
- The Alamo is located in San Antonio. It is where Texas defenders fell to Mexican General Santa Anna and the phrase Remember the Alamo originated. The Alamo is considered the cradle of Texas liberty and the state's most popular historic site. (And if your a real Texan you have seen the Alamo, if you haven't then ur not a Texan, if you know what I mean
- In Texas, it is illegal to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.
- The name ‘Texas’ has been derived from the Hasinai Indian word ‘tejas’, which literally means friends or allies.
Now, list some fun facts about your state!