have you ever changed the genre of your forum?

Deathstarr

I have a forum and its about the internet and has sections and is somewhat already built like a webmaster / admin forum. I was wondering if you have ever changed the focus of your forum from its original topic to the new topic?

I am looking to change my forum from domain names to all sections of the internet and add more a webmaster feel to it rather then just domains. I want to also change the domain name and have been looking at domain names for quite a few days.

Kind of.

My site was initially supposed to be a "smiley" emoticon dedicated site but after 6-7 months I started adding other forum graphic areas (such as node icons, rank images) then extended that further by adding xenforo tutorials and snippets of css (enhancements).

Thanks @Shelley I am just worried changing the focus of the forum and the domain name may kill it more then what it is at the moment. Currently its focused on Domain Names and Buying and Selling, but I am reviving it after the previous owner left abandon the project for almost 5 years. So It is pretty dead at the moment but I want to Change it to more of a webmaster forum and focus on SEO, Development, domains(smaller section), and more web then domain names.

Thanks @Shelley I am just worried changing the focus of the forum and the domain name may kill it more then what it is at the moment. Currently its focused on Domain Names and Buying and Selling, but I am reviving it after the previous owner left abandon the project for almost 5 years. So It is pretty dead at the moment but I want to Change it to more of a webmaster forum and focus on SEO, Development, domains(smaller section), and more web then domain names.

I think if the previous owner neglected it and the forum is dead then I don't think you have anything to loose by expanding on the content you want to serve up. Infact, you may be surprised and revive the site appealing to a broader audience which could be a decision that is for the better. On that note, goodluck with it all. :)

First, my forum was focused on one female tennis player (Nicole Vaidisova), but I extended it to a general female (professional) tennis forum. That was a good idea, because Vaidisova retires :D

Top Bottom