Have You Ever Been Put In Moderation on Xenforo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRE

Have you ever been put in moderation on xenforo.com and if so, what for?

I haven't but I've seen others have. I be wondering what got them into trouble.

People don't always break the rules intentionally. Sometimes they just get carried away.

Breaking the rules is breaking the rules... doesn't matter how you got there....

It's like if you got pulled over for speeding because you wern't watching the speedometer... doesn't matter that it was an accident or not, you were still breaking the law and it was your responsibility to make sure that you were sticking to the limit. Same applies here.

Breaking the rules is breaking the rules... doesn't matter how you got there....

It's like if you got pulled over for speeding because you wern't watching the speedometer... doesn't matter that it was an accident or not, you were still breaking the law and it was your responsibility to make sure that you were sticking to the limit. Same applies here.
Do all of the moderators have a lil conversation with the user, like warn them first and then one before you put them into moderation or do you just put them in moderation with no warning? I can understand doing that with obviously rule breakers but with some of the more experienced users on here a PC would be better first.

Do all of the moderators have a lil conversation with the user, like warn them first and then one before you put them into moderation or do you just put them in moderation with no warning? I can understand doing that with obviously rule breakers but with some of the more experienced users on here a PC would be better first.

Warnings are handed out, usualy with between 3-5 warning points depending on the severity of what they did. Sometimes we just drop them a PM to tell them they're walking on thin ice.

Once they accumulate 10 points, they are placed into moderation. So its a gradual thing.

Some particularly prolific users, people who have been identified as warez or piracy users, or people flagged up for other reasons can get placed into moderation in order to keep an eye on them without that build up, but this is reserved for special cases.

Warnings are handed out, usualy with between 3-5 warning points depending on the severity of what they did. Sometimes we just drop them a PM to tell them they're walking on thin ice.

Once they accumulate 10 points, they are placed into moderation. So its a gradual thing.

Some particularly prolific users, people who have been identified as warez or piracy users, or people flagged up for other reasons can get placed into moderation in order to keep an eye on them without that build up, but this is reserved for special cases.
Do the warning points expire? I remember Brogan sending me one for going off subject in an off topic thread (my own thread at that, lmaooo). I wonder if I still have that. There's no way I can see my warnings like I can on vBulletin. It would be cool if that feature was added on here. Cause then I can see if I'm still walking on thin ice or not. When I'm on a vBulletin forum, being able to see my warnings makes me choose my words more carefully.

Do the warning points expire? I remember Brogan sending me one for going off subject in an off topic thread (my own thread at that, lmaooo). I wonder if I still have that. There's no way I can see my warnings like I can on vBulletin. It would be cool if that feature was added on here. Cause then I can see if I'm still walking on thin ice or not. When I'm on a vBulletin forum, being able to see my warnings makes me choose my words more carefully.

Yea they expire, usualy after 3 or 6 months, sometimes longer if it was a particularly bad incident.

The length of the "You are moderated" penalty given out here at Xenforo.com often seems too high, IMO.

I was moderated for a while. Mostly for encouraging paid addons for Xenforo.com back in the day when they were all free really. I think the last thing Brogan did before he left was to moderate me.

The length of the "You are moderated" penalty given out here at Xenforo.com often seems too high, IMO.

I was moderated for a while. Mostly for encouraging paid addons for Xenforo.com back in the day when they were all free really. I think the last thing Brogan did before he left was to moderate me.
birdman.png

You would be mistaken because that is what I thought when i was put in moderation when brogan left.

Have you ever been put in moderation on xenforo.com and if so, what for?

I haven't but I've seen others have. I be wondering what got them into trouble.

(1)Nope. (2)But (3)then, (4)my (5)replies (6)are (7)usually (8)nice (9)and (10)short. (11)normallynotexceeding11wordsinareply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom