CDN users, do you ever have reports of js issues in the forum?

sross

I recently went with stackpath CDN (formerly MaxCDN). So far everything is fine for 99.9% of my users. Out of 1,000's of users enjoying a much much faster site, I am having 3 or 4 reports of users with issues. For example, they see no reply box, or a small handful of image assets don't show. I've been running through the usual troubleshooting with OS, browsers, versions etc. The odd thing is how erratic and random it is. It seems to have nothing to do with OS or browser version. I'm still investigating but am wondering if anyone else using a CDN has had a few members report anomalies? It's hard to claim it's a fault of the CDN when it's working as expected for almost everyone. Thanks

I have long experience with MaxCDN and Stackpath. First as MaxCDN as CDN which indeed gave js issues. Then as Stackpath CDN + anti-DDoS / WAF. This was way more problematic because their firewall misinterprets a lot of XenForo requests as malicious and blocks various js. Support was great but I had to move away from Stackpath because they simply do not have support for XenForo.

I asked them to add a xenforo integration so they can process the XF js requests normally. They are thinking about it but are not doing so due to lack of requests. I think Stackpath will be great once they have explicit support for xenforo. Until then I would not advise it. Consider to file a request with them.

I am now using CloudFlare. Which is much cheaper as well.

I have long experience with MaxCDN and Stackpath. First as MaxCDN as CDN which indeed gave js issues. Then as Stackpath CDN + anti-DDoS / WAF. This was way more problematic because their firewall misinterprets a lot of XenForo requests as malicious and blocks various js. Support was great but I had to move away from Stackpath because they simply do not have support for XenForo.

I asked them to add a xenforo integration so they can process the XF js requests normally. They are thinking about it but are not doing so due to lack of requests. I think Stackpath will be great once they have explicit support for xenforo. Until then I would not advise it. Consider to file a request with them.

I've done a lot of config on my images and happy with that. i might try the js on keycdn first and see how that goes. i assume modifying the config.php to point js to my keycdn would work. will try it.

Ok, I moved to keycdn and everything seems ok now. I also noticed that stackpath had broken avatar images in forum emails.

Every so often Firefox will garble cached javascript badly enough that users no longer get the XF1 standard editor or TinyMCE Quattro replacement editor displaying. With or without CloudFlare.

Haven't see a user reporting it recently, so maybe some build of Firefox started being less stupid about it

Can I ask if you are using xenforo 2.2 with Cloundflare? Do you have some guide for setting cloud flare with xenforo 2.2?

Top Bottom