Have you already forgotten vB.com?

You make an investment of that size to just downgrade it for internal only use, when there are cheaper, viable and scalable options available. I don't see it as a reality.

Hi guys and gals...

Nice to see you all here sharing in this new adventure... exciting times to see what's to come. No offense though.. I still like IPB a lot.. :) but love good competition to help all involved.

Jamie

Hi guys and gals...

Nice to see you all here sharing in this new adventure... exciting times to see what's to come. No offense though.. I still like IPB a lot.. :) but love good competition to help all involved.

Jamie

Jamie, very good to see you here, :)

Lot's of excitement about to come, and the good kind, :)

To be honest, every time I go to vB.com now after XF I feel it's really old. I just hope that XF will have enough features to make me switch my existing forum from vB to XF.

I stopped actively using vB.com a long while ago as I feel it lost the community feel to it as people are constantly being negative and arguing which is no fun to be around or worth getting involved in.

There is so much negativity on that site that you hardly feel like browsing it. For valid reasons, everyone is annoyed at how things are being done with vbulletin and for the lack of willingness on part of the staff and management of IB to change and do things differently.

I just hope for everyone's sake that they do change themselves. A lot of us have huge investments in vbulletin and its painful to see the direction its headed.

There is so much negativity on that site that you hardly feel like browsing it. For valid reasons, everyone is annoyed at how things are being done with vbulletin and for the lack of willingness on part of the staff and management of IB to change and do things differently.

I just hope for everyone's sake that they do change themselves. A lot of us have huge investments in vbulletin and its painful to see the direction its headed.
It's been over a year now and nothing appears to have been improved.

It's been over a year now and nothing appears to have been improved.

Yes but now they have visible competition from the same guys who coded vbuletin earlier. I know IPB was always there but now they will see another alternative which is directly taking away the userbase that was till now sticking with vb for want of a better alternative(for not liking IPB enough).

There shareholders won't be pleased if they see revenue drop as its sure to happen now. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time. - And that goes for the great vBulletin 4 pre-release dacoity.

can't wait to start playing with xen systems, and building new xen based systems, it is actually a very relaxing thought. Where as vb4 style system hasn't been so relaxing... .. . .

I am leaving vB in the dust already, still developing personal addons for my personal vB sites but that is it. I'm waiting for XenForo so I can convert and move addons to it.

Even those who know me know me as Mythotical or Steve M on vB sites. So glad to see familiar faces here too. :)

Top Bottom