1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you already use the CONVERSATIONS feature ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by erich37, Aug 13, 2010.

1. yes, I use it all the time

2. no, I have not used it yet

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I actually did not use "Conversationse" a lot yet. Would be interested to see if it is only myself not using it that much ?

Is it clear and understandable that "Conversation" means "Private Conversation" ?
  2. James

James Well-Known Member

I've not used the conversations feature much, because I don't find myself needing to converse privately. I'm definitely liking it though. I believe I've used it 4 times.
  3. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

I've used it a few times... Haven't had much need, but I think it's a major improvement over PMs! :)
    Peggy likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I've used it, but not "all the time"... so neither poll option is appropriate.
  5. Tigratrus

Heh. I went with the "Which of the following is correct" school of thought. I agree though that the options are kind of restrictive. :)
  6. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I've used it a few times and it works rather nicely. You have to member your talking with more than one person though (if applicable).
  7. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

Yup, used it with James.
  8. matthewalan

matthewalan Active Member

I haven't used it on here, but I have used similar systems on the internet before and they seem to be a much needed upgrade from PMs. And that's no exception here, so far it looks like they've done a pretty good job on the conversations.
  9. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I've used it to test but that's it. The need to talk privately with someone on a serious matter hasn't popped up.
  10. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

me too :) but i love this feature ... much better than the older and obsolete PMs ... :D
  11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I haven't used it yet.. now I just feel the need to do so :D
    KURTZ likes this.
  12. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I tested it, that's all. But then I'm quirky - I've always hated PMs and chatrooms, and private conversations are the same difference.
  13. mjp

mjp Well-Known Member

Well they serve different purposes, don't they. A private message is, um, private.
  14. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

It's a nice system, serves purpose well, and becuase it's like a private thread, it is easier to refer back to within the conversation.
  15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

These are just as private as PMs. If you want to have a one-on-one conversation, then invite just the intended recipient and disallow them from inviting other members. :)

So they aren't exactly different. Personal Conversations do as much as Private Messages plus so much more.
    KURTZ likes this.
  16. Tigratrus

Exactly. Personal Conversations are a superset of the PM system. They can do everything you can in PMs plus quite a bit more, and they do it better.
  17. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

I love this feature. From privat conversations up to a six member-talk. For me conversations is one of the best parts of xenforo
  18. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

so what do you think of labelling them as "Private Conversations" instead of "Personal Conversations" ?
    anotheralias likes this.
  19. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I've been using it and was just saying how nice and pleasant this feature is to use. On page 2 of the conversation you can easily keep track of previous PC and reminds me of the message system on my htc desire.
  20. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

Nick, you're my speaker! :p