Did you already use the CONVERSATIONS feature ?

erich37

Poll:
Did you already use the CONVERSATIONS feature ?

I actually did not use "Conversationse" a lot yet. Would be interested to see if it is only myself not using it that much ?

Is it clear and understandable that "Conversation" means "Private Conversation" ?

so what do you think of labelling them as "Private Conversations" instead of "Personal Conversations" ?
I think the reasoning is that because if an administrator wanted to (or even needed to), they could indeed read the messages that have been exchanged, thus rendering them not private. There's always been a debate as to whether PMs should really use the word "private".

Are you trying to tell me I was wrong? Well, mark this day on the calendar because I'm only wrong once every 18 months. But it's good to know that now I have a solid year and a half of being right about everything to look forward to. That's a relief.

If you want to have a one-on-one conversation, then invite just the intended recipient and disallow them from inviting other members.
Hmm, I dunno, sounds like a lot of work. Clicking and whatnot. I don't like to move my fingers that much. It should all be automatic.

Hmm, I dunno, sounds like a lot of work. Clicking and whatnot. I don't like to move my fingers that much. It should all be automatic.
If you're being serious, I don't have sympathy for you. Once you discover a telepathic forum solution, please let me know.

But anyways, the "Allow anyone in the conversation to invite others" setting is un-ticked by default. So there's no extra clicking unless you want to allow the recipient to invite other participants. :D

I can see where this is a great feature for a big board or a board that's already got plenty of momentum, but I think I'd be leery of using it for a small forum or a brand new forum. It's hard enough to keep a spin on the ball without all of your board members going off in a corner and talking privately.

Sorry for the typo. I spent the day doing pretty physical work and I am exhausted. I can barly keep my eyes open. Though, I must admit, sat, works just as good as say, :)

I really don't mind and wasn't meaning to call you out on it, just after a few friday night drinks I found it too funny to leave alone :D

-----------------

I normally mix up not and now when I am trying tired... which is really now good... I mean it not, if you are trying to say something important it can have a really different meaning...

I promise you we will now rip you off and steel all of your money... :D

Top Bottom