Have you already forgotten vB.com?

I actually found out about this site from vBorg... Been to busy with stuff to really pay attention to anything (I didn't even know AdminAddict died o_o).

I can easily envision IPB and XenForo in good healthy competition with each other in the coming years...

IB will see that the VB name isn't living up to it's worth (they have milked it for what they can) and will close it to the public and use it internally for all their sites they buy and sell..
I wouldn't discount vBulletin just yet. You never know launching XenForo might've been the best thing that happened to post-IB vBulletin. I am already seeing improvements on Adrian's part. Fire got lit under IB. It's time for a change. And IB got $$$ to make it happen.:cool:

Just looked at the VB site. UGH! Now they bring back custom profiles! And say some thought it was a bug for a big feature to be missing! I can't read no more there, atm....UGH!

Oh, did you forget when they made the big announcement about new vB styles..

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?343898-New-vB4-Styles-Now-Available!&p=1938064

Now they added some more styles from their Styles Generator which are downright sooo 2000-ish..

Just looking at this style makes you feel dizy
http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...B4-Styles-Now-Available!&p=1938064&styleid=15

I wouldn't discount vBulletin just yet. You never know launching XenForo might've been the best thing that happened to post-IB vBulletin. I am already seeing improvements on Adrian's part. Fire got lit under IB. It's time for a change. And IB got $$$ to make it happen.:cool:

HA! IB may have the $, but xenForo has Kier and Mike. ;)

Same here.
If XenForo was released tomorrow i would convert all my live boards to this in a few hours.

I don't know about tomorrow but I have a lot more faith in XenForo beta than a certain other forum's Gold version.
I most likely would keep both running to keep some addons active for reference.
On one forum I have a knowledge base section and the other uses downloads2 and php scripts on the content side pulling from the forum.

I haven't searched yet, but I do hope there are plugins,

I visit vB.com daily, but never posted there after registering here. I realize now I've almost completely lost interest in vB4. My future plans are with XenForo now; and vB3 is rejuvenated in my eyes as an excellent waiting port till all mods I need are developed by XenForo and its contributors.

Gotta admit to still visiting the vB sites daily, but thats only because of the 'First-coffee-of-the-morning=check-sites/email' ritual (it's an age thing :( )

Gotta admit to still visiting the vB sites daily, but thats only because of the 'First-coffee-of-the-morning=check-sites/email' ritual (it's an age thing :( )

It made for some good entertainment and discussions, sometimes. But I have left with negative feelings after 10 minutes. It's history for me now. Oh well, :)

It feels like vBulletin moved here. Over there it's just IB.

But I see the key players in the world of online communities, companies and known people here. I don't see them as "vBulletin is here". It's exciting to see that they recognize XenForo for what it might be, and that they're reviewing their options. I for one am fully aware XenForo is not vBulletin, and it might be hard to do since I have always run vB, but I try not to compare it. And see it as a completely new thing. "What do I want (and in my opinion based on experience) and what do site admins want, out of a bulletin board system. That helps them push their community to the next level and create a more fun user experience, and create more return traffic".

But I see the key players in the world of online communities, companies and known people here.
I for one am fully aware XenForo is not vBulletin, and it might be hard to do since I have always run vB, but I try not to compare it. And see it as a completely new thing.
I was just thinking along those lines too.
So many names I associate(d) with the vB community, all here under this nice new roof.

I can easily envision IPB and XenForo in good healthy competition with each other in the coming years...

IB will see that the VB name isn't living up to it's worth (they have milked it for what they can) and will close it to the public and use it internally for all their sites they buy and sell..

Just my opinion... ;)

Jamie

Strange how a lot of people seem to think that there will come a point when IB use vBulletin internally for their own sites only. Can't see that myself, but it keeps being mentioned.

Strange how a lot of people seem to think that there will come a point when IB use vBulletin internally for their own sites only. Can't see that myself, but it keeps being mentioned.

I agree. It makes no business sense whatsoever and it simply isn't going to happen.

Top Bottom