XF 1.4 Hard problem with trolls

KoLS

Hello guys,

I'm having hardcore problems in my forum, people troll, spaming my nodes.

I ban, ban ip, but this guys back. All days I need ban 4-10 accounts.

Well, I only think in make a period like 3 months to new accounts post. Its possible?

What you guys think? Any solution? If yes, how can I create this period to new accounts can post, replie...

Hello,

You should consider using a modification that makes it difficult for trolls to register in the first place. In most cases, trolls will probably register with false user data. My add-on, Trust+, helps block those users.

If you simply want to impose a limit on when users can post, create a new group with posting ability (but do not grant posting ability to the default registration group), then create a user group promotion that triggers after they've been registered for an x number of days.

Hello guys,

I'm having hardcore problems in my forum, people troll, spaming my nodes.

I ban, ban ip, but this guys back. All days I need ban 4-10 accounts.

Well, I only think in make a period like 3 months to new accounts post. Its possible?

What you guys think? Any solution? If yes, how can I create this period to new accounts can post, replie...
i use this tool extra thread settings

oie_RhXUMl1DXwCh.webp

i use this tool extra thread settings

View attachment 115142
That's a ******* add-on. I'd suggest that the OP thinks very carefully about using add-ons from someone who has been banned from XenForo due to their behaviour and practices.

******* Resource Removal

I also think it's poor form that you should be recommending these add-ons and not fully informing people of what has happened. They should always be given the full facts so they can make their own decision, not given half the information.

That's a ******* add-on. I'd suggest that the OP thinks very carefully about using add-ons from someone who has been banned from XenForo due to their behaviour and practices.

******* Resource Removal

I also think it's poor form that you should be recommending these add-ons and not fully informing people of what has happened. They should always be given the full facts so they can make their own decision, not given half the information.
While I don't want to turn this into a debate on *******, I would also like to chime in here just so that it doesn't seem like this is a 'one user' problem. I used to use add-ons developed by *******, and after review of some of their practices have removed every single add-on I used from them from my community. They have some very bizarre practices (orphaned listeners, previously requiring a callback for installation/uninstallation which allowed the sending of dynamic code, and the whole piracy issue) that concern me and a lot of people within the Xenforo community.

There are actually quite a few add-ons you can use to make troll registration difficult:
Trust+ - attempts to block users who are hiding their identity, IP address, or real email address. (disclaimer: I run the Trust+ service, so am a bit biased in recommending it :P)
TPU: Detect and Block Spam Registrations - A highly configurable add-on that, while intended to block spammers, tends to work very well on troll registrations from proxies, etc. (from experience of running a frequently-trolled community)

Another suggestion would be to turn on admin-approval mode for your users.

******* Resource Removal

please tell me what happened, i use lots of ******* plugins no problems with any of those, if you scared dont use it, i am not here to attack or defend anyone, but for me ******* is profesional like any other decent developer here.

ok they are warned, just say there is lots of people who use ******* plugin with no problems, but before consider to use it be aware for BIG beast *******, bbbrrrrrrrrrr.

ok they are warned, just say there is lots of people who use ******* plugin with no problems, but before consider to use it be aware for BIG beast *******, bbbrrrrrrrrrr.
The point is that the OP should have been given the full facts about ******* so they can make an informed decision on whether or not they wish to use their resources. You failed to give them this information, which is poor form.

For the record, there are some people who are happy to continue using ******* resources. There are also some people, myself included, who wouldn't touch ******* resources with a barge pole due to their behaviour and practices which led to them being banned on XenForo.

Top Bottom