1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guidance needed

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by garry420, Sep 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. garry420

garry420 Active Member

I have 1 forum for 1 website, now i want to install this forum on my other website.
    How to do it ?
    do i have to delete forum from 1st website and then install or i can keep installation on both website.

Tnx

2. n00bsaibot

n00bsaibot Active Member

Are you migrating the same forum to a new domain? If so, you could migrate it over then delete the 1st when done.

If it's 2 separate forums on 2 sites, you will need a 2nd license.

3. garry420

garry420 Active Member

yes i am migrating same forum to new domain, but the domains are owned by me. and next 1st site is almost dead.
    Tnx

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Are you moving all of the posts and threads to the new forum (ie migrating) (it's not clear as you said the forum is nearly dead)? If you are, you can use the XenForo importer built into the software to migrate from the old to the new forum. If you aren't migrating the data you can simply start up the new forum.

As has been said, you can only run XenForo on one site unless you buy an additional licence. You will need to close down the old site and delete it after the new one is set up. You will also need to update your website information in the XenForo customer area.

garry420 likes this.
  5. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

she can leave old site like test ones?

6. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Mate i am not migrating ..i am just starting new...
    is it possible if i simply change the dns server name from godaddy ? will it mean that now i can use that licence for my other website or still i will have to buy 1

7. ŽivaAkcija

xenforo license allow 2 install, one for live forum one for testing Purpuose

garry420 likes this.
  8. garry420

garry420 Active Member

tnx for now i got the answer.
    :)

9. ŽivaAkcija

testing forum is only for couple people to use it, admins/developers, no registration allowed, you can use it for testing mods, styles and similiar thing for testing.

10. garry420

garry420 Active Member

how to close registrations ?
    i will ban 5-6 guys in my forum.
    kind of closed forum
    Tnx bro this is something which is helpful.

11. ŽivaAkcija

actualy ask advice from customer area about it, and remeber testing forum is only for 5-6 people to use it!

garry420 likes this.
  12. garry420

garry420 Active Member

Ok mate..only i will use it noone else, but what do i do with 11 members it has...rest putting question in their.
    Tnx