Guidance needed

garry420

I have 1 forum for 1 website, now i want to install this forum on my other website.
How to do it ?
do i have to delete forum from 1st website and then install or i can keep installation on both website.

Tnx

Are you migrating the same forum to a new domain? If so, you could migrate it over then delete the 1st when done.

If it's 2 separate forums on 2 sites, you will need a 2nd license.

Are you migrating the same forum to a new domain? If so, you could migrate it over then delete the 1st when done.

If it's 2 separate forums on 2 sites, you will need a 2nd license.
yes i am migrating same forum to new domain, but the domains are owned by me. and next 1st site is almost dead.
Tnx

yes i am migrating same forum to new domain, but the domains are owned by me. and next 1st site is almost dead.
Tnx
Are you moving all of the posts and threads to the new forum (ie migrating) (it's not clear as you said the forum is nearly dead)? If you are, you can use the XenForo importer built into the software to migrate from the old to the new forum. If you aren't migrating the data you can simply start up the new forum.

As has been said, you can only run XenForo on one site unless you buy an additional licence. You will need to close down the old site and delete it after the new one is set up. You will also need to update your website information in the XenForo customer area.

Are you moving all of the posts and threads to the new forum (ie migrating) (it's not clear as you said the forum is nearly dead)? If you are, you can use the XenForo importer built into the software to migrate from the old to the new forum. If you aren't migrating the data you can simply start up the new forum.

As has been said, you can only run XenForo on one site unless you buy an additional licence. You will need to close down the old site and delete it after the new one is set up. You will also need to update your website information in the XenForo customer area.
Mate i am not migrating ..i am just starting new...
is it possible if i simply change the dns server name from godaddy ? will it mean that now i can use that licence for my other website or still i will have to buy 1

Top Bottom