Fixed  Guests get permission error after posting

g0rn

Consider a setup with guests allowed to create threads and/or post replies, and all their messages have to be approved (permission Follow message moderation rules is set to Default/Deny for guests' usergroup). Guests can create threads and post new messages, but after doing this they are redirected to their thread or message and the url is something like /threads/title.id/ or /posts/id/ accordingly. The problem is that when guests redirected to that pages after posting a reply or creating a thread, they get standard permission error message asking them to log in.

I have confirmed this as well. The redirect following a moderated guest post should be changed.

I believe the root of the problem is that there is no secure way to allow guests to view their own moderated posts. So guests should not be redirected to their post if it is moderated.

I have confirmed this as well. The redirect following a moderated guest post should be changed.

I believe the root of the problem is that there is no secure way to allow guests to view their own moderated posts. So guests should not be redirected to their post if it is moderated.

Perhaps a warning telling them that their content is pending approval?

This is fixed now. Guests will be returned to the forum or existing thread with a notice that their message is awaiting approval by a moderator. (Registered users whose posts are moderated can still see them.)

Top Bottom