1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Guests get permission error after posting

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by g0rn, Nov 12, 2010.

1. g0rn

g0rn Well-Known Member

Consider a setup with guests allowed to create threads and/or post replies, and all their messages have to be approved (permission Follow message moderation rules is set to Default/Deny for guests' usergroup). Guests can create threads and post new messages, but after doing this they are redirected to their thread or message and the url is something like /threads/title.id/ or /posts/id/ accordingly. The problem is that when guests redirected to that pages after posting a reply or creating a thread, they get standard permission error message asking them to log in.
    CyberAP, Jake Bunce and yoghurtfarmer like this.
  2. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

Ran into this issue too.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I have confirmed this as well. The redirect following a moderated guest post should be changed.

I believe the root of the problem is that there is no secure way to allow guests to view their own moderated posts. So guests should not be redirected to their post if it is moderated.
  4. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Perhaps a warning telling them that their content is pending approval?
    CyberAP and Blandt like this.
  5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Yep .. like WP
    CyberAP likes this.
  6. yoghurtfarmer

yoghurtfarmer Well-Known Member

Wondering if this has been fixed yet, I'm getting a lot of confused guest posters.

Edit: nevermind not fixed in Beta 4.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is fixed now. Guests will be returned to the forum or existing thread with a notice that their message is awaiting approval by a moderator. (Registered users whose posts are moderated can still see them.)
    CyberAP and yoghurtfarmer like this.