Graph API v2.1 Upgrade Notice

rdn

I search the forum and there's no related bug reported.
upload_2016-6-22_11-5-22.webp

If not appropriate please move to the correct forum.

XF has been using v2.4 of the open graph API since XF 1.5.

@RoldanLT I believe yours may well be coming from an add-on as we don't use the majority of those endpoints, nor have we ever used any of those versions - we used v2.0 prior to bumping everything to v2.4.

@markku Which version of XF are you running now and when did you upgrade to XF 1.5? Do you have any add-ons at all which require authentication to Facebook?

I have only XF native FB Login using Open Graph API and I got same FB developer upgrade notice. I use xf 1.4.2.

Last edited:
I'd note that we don't have any alerts for our app here, so this may well be related to older versions of XF or add-ons using older APIs.

Reactions: rdn
XF has been using v2.4 of the open graph API since XF 1.5.

@RoldanLT I believe yours may well be coming from an add-on as we don't use the majority of those endpoints, nor have we ever used any of those versions - we used v2.0 prior to bumping everything to v2.4.
Okay Thanks!
So it's only related to @xfrocks BD Social Share addon.
Please move this thread out of Bug Reports Forum.

@markku Which version of XF are you running now and when did you upgrade to XF 1.5? Do you have any add-ons at all which require authentication to Facebook?
1.5.8, and we updated to 1.5.0 like a week after it was initially released, so a long-ish time ago.

I can't think of any add-ons we have that would use Facebook authentication (besides the built-in XF Facebook login, which we do have enabled).

And our traffic to Facebook API doesn't seem to be enough, the API Graph Upgrade Tool states that there is not enough data to show [the information that RoldanLT screenshotted a few posts earlier].

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on it, and if something erratic happens after the API change, then will investigate more....

Thanks for caring! :)

Top Bottom