1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Google page speed insights

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by indicator, Jan 15, 2014.

1. indicator

indicator Member

i was testing my website and Google page speed insights didn't score enough, i just want to know, how to improve the performance?

2. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

What is your site URL?

3. indicator

indicator Member

it's youally.com

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

The scores aren't all that bad really and your site seemed responsive enough when I visited.

PageSpeed actually guides you in regards to addressing the issues it finds, such as enabling compression on your web server: https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/EnableCompression

Minify CSS is an option in XF (if you've implemented a caching mechanism) - go to your Admin Control Panel > Options > Performance - and tick Minify CSS and save.

Leveraging browser caching is also useful - overview here (scroll down for more detailed info for your respective web server).

So there's a few things you can do to get started and then fine-tune it further if you feel it is needed. (y)

5. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Yes, your score is bad.
    Maybe another issue is your hosting.
    Mine got 97/88 (heavy homepage with ads).