[Google Chrome] Notifications

[Google Chrome] Notifications

Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood submitted a new resource:

[Google Chrome] Notifications - Receive notifications from XenForo communities that you frequent without being on their sites.

Download Forum Alerts Chrome Extension

If you use Google Chrome and you visit any XenForo powered forums, this extension enabled you to receive notifications without being on that forum.

The extension checks the sites you go to, to see if XenForo is powering it. If it is, it checks to see if you're logged in. Once you're logged in, it adds that site to the list of sites to check for...

Read more about this resource...

I'm always the one asking for something different so here we go again. Can you do an Opera Next extension for this? :)

I'm not sure, I was planning on doing Firefox next but the XenReviews got funded quicker than I expected so I doubt I'll be making another browser extension for a couple months.

I know it's meant to be used across forums, but I also see an opportunity to offer this in a customized version as an additional service for a site. Love the idea.

Been working fine for me for the last couple of days. I forgot I had it installed when it popped up first couple of times and I got confused...

Well if you use Chrome it should be a must have? This isn't a per-community install, forum owners don't have to do anything. It's just a tool for chrome users.

Other browsers will be on the list of things to do eventually. I'm just busy with http://xenreviews.com at the moment.

It's a great resource, does it work on tablets and smartphones too or just the desktop Chrome?

It's just that most of my users are on Explorer or FireFox and I'd love to use this great add-on with my site but I'll just have to be patient. Xen Reviews looks very interesting, makes me want to start a reviews site!!

I'm honestly not sure if it works on tablets and smartphones, I haven't tested it. I'm not sure though because I've never seen a notificaton pop up like that. Would be cool.

You could still offer it to the ones with Chrome, I do get what you're saying though.

Daniel this isnt work for me.

I installed this extension, opened all pages on chrome but I dont take any notifications. I am using W8 and chrome 30.0.1599.101

and a suggestion

Can we set set specified pages to take alerts without open pages on chrome?

Hi Daniel,

You and many others are currently logged on to my site and viewing an Unknown Page. I know that was on the older version of the plugin, but I presume you probably have the new version yourself?

upload_2013-11-4_9-53-21.webp

PHP:
    public function canUpdateSessionActivity($controllerName, $action, &$newState)
    {
        // don't update session activity for an AJAX request
        if ($this->_request->isXmlHttpRequest())
        {
            return false;
        }

return true;
    }
Does this function exist in your /library/XenForo/Controller.php file?

If that's the default code from XenForo 1.2.2 then yes. I haven't customised any core files.

Top Bottom